cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: File (Pic) Upload without providing Name and Email

File (Pic) Upload without providing Name and Email

dsw0513
New member | Level 2

Hi everyone.  I would like to create a folder that people can upload pictures to for a party.  I plan on using the "File Request" feature in Dropbox and provide the link via QR code, but would prefer if the people didNOT have to enter their name and email.  Is this an option? 

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II

Hi @dsw0513 

No, it isnt, sorry.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @dsw0513, thanks for contacting us!

As @Mark said, file requests do require a name and email when uploading.

However, the names are just for differentiating who uploaded files to your account. It doesn't need to be correct or even a name. Likewise, with the email, this is only for their benefit so they know the file is uploaded with a confirmation email. You won't know their email from the upload.

If a person is already signed into their Dropbox account, then the details would already be filled in, and can't be changed. To avoid this, they can access the file request from a private browsing/incognito window.

If you need any more details, feel free to message back!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

m8pa9khyn
New member | Level 2

This is dumb.  Anyone can put bogus email and name in anyway. It's an unnecessary hurdle that should be optional, not mandatory. 

We use Box at work and they do not require anyone's name or email to upload.

rekersting
New member | Level 2

I understand the replies thus far, and the reasoning behind them.

This is still a problem. Dropbox staff, please resolve this problem by making name and email optional.

I would purchase a subscription if Dropbox had this one feature.

Need more support?