cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error: "This link isn't quite right. Usually this happens when the link wasn't copied exact

Error: "This link isn't quite right. Usually this happens when the link wasn't copied exact right"

keturner12
Explorer | Level 4

I have been trying to share a FOLDER (not a link) with several of our music club members.  About 1-2 weeks ago, members told me they could not access the folder because of the following error message.  I am trying to share a FOLDER and NOT A LINK.  Has anyone experienced this?  We have a BASIC account which means no support, chat or phone calls to tech support!  I am at my wits end after searching the internet and reading Dropbox help files!  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I did clear my cookies, cache, browsing history.  I'm using Microsoft Edge, Windows 11.  Been using Dropbox for over 10 years and never have had a problem!

Karen

Dropbox Error.jpg

22 Replies 22

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @meowtown, have you looked through the steps provided in this thread, like going to the "shared" tab and adding the folder from there, to see if that helps?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

keturner12
Explorer | Level 3

Karen here again.  After reading all the replys, it appears there is still not a resolution to this problem.  Hannah, what will it take to get this looked into by technical dropbox people-not that you aren't technical but I think you are the first line of defense.  Unfornately we have a "free" account and no further tech support is offered.  I have a work around but it would be nice to resolve this issue.  Thanks Karen.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey all, thanks for flagging this with us. Our team is aware of this behavior and working on it. 

For now, if you're affected by this, you can either: 

• create a new folder, copy the content over, and share it with the desired members. This option involves initiating a fresh folder, duplicating the existing content, and then sharing it with the intended members. It allows you to maintain your usual process of inviting members
  • Share the existing folder(s) via direct links only (not invite members via email). Alternatively, you can opt for sharing the existing folders by generating shared links. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?