cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error: "This link isn't quite right. Usually this happens when the link wasn't copied exact

Error: "This link isn't quite right. Usually this happens when the link wasn't copied exact right"

keturner12
Explorer | Level 4

I have been trying to share a FOLDER (not a link) with several of our music club members.  About 1-2 weeks ago, members told me they could not access the folder because of the following error message.  I am trying to share a FOLDER and NOT A LINK.  Has anyone experienced this?  We have a BASIC account which means no support, chat or phone calls to tech support!  I am at my wits end after searching the internet and reading Dropbox help files!  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I did clear my cookies, cache, browsing history.  I'm using Microsoft Edge, Windows 11.  Been using Dropbox for over 10 years and never have had a problem!

Karen

Dropbox Error.jpg

22 Replies 22

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the additional info, Karen.

Just to confirm, since you have invited these people to the folder, using their email addresses and you didn't send them just a "can edit" link, do they see the folder in their "shared" tab after all?

If they've been invited, it should appear as "you haven't joined this folder", with an option to "join folder" on the right; are they seeing this?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

keturner12
Explorer | Level 3
I’m checking with the user again. May be tomorrow before I get back to you.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

No worries, Karen! Let us know, when you can. 🙂

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

keturner12
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Hanah and Jay. I decided to think of an alternate solution as my members need these files. This problem has existed for over a week. Though I appreciate your assistance, I am no closer to resolving this. I created an another folder and copied the original folder files to it. My new members who can’t get into the original folder will now be invited to this second duplicate folder. Over 100 members will still get updates in the original folder. It will be just a little more work for me to maintain 2 identical content folders, but at least it will work. Thank you for your assistance. Karen

Jodlee
New member | Level 2

I am experiencing exactly the same problem described above - is there any solution?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Jodlee, sorry to see you're having this issue.

When the member you've invited to the folder, go to their "Shared" tab, are they able to access and add the folder to their Dropbox from there?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

keturner12
Explorer | Level 3
Hi. This issue was NEVER resolved. I ended up creating a duplicate folder folder and invite our new members to that new folder. The original problem folder works just fine as long as I don’t invite new people to share it. Go figure.
Karen
Silver Strings Webmaster

Timm Preusser
New member | Level 2

I do have exactly the same problem with several users. Most of them (maybe all?) had accepted an invitation to the folders a while back, some of them 3-4 years back. They rarely or never used their credentials. Now, when they need the folder, they say that they don't see it in their dropbox. So I sent out a new invite. When they click on it, they get the problem the other posters described alreday: "This link isn't quite right

Usually this happens when the link wasn't copied exactly right."  -  Remember - I did not send a link. I just sent an invitation to join the folder.

Can you help me?

Thanks, Timm

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Timm Preusser, sorry to hear this. 

Did they also go to their Shared tab on www.dropbox.com, and they still can’t add the folder you shared with them to their account?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

meowtown
New member | Level 2

Did anyone manage to resolve this issue? 

We have multiple folders some with a large number of users, however suddenly we are encountering this problem every time we share a problem. 

As per everyone else, we are not sending a link, we're sharing a folder. 

This is a huge problem for us - our team members require access to these folders urgently and there does not seem to be a solution anywhere?

Need more support?