cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Videos broken with Error "Something went wrong." Any Video, any Browser

Error 500 when trying open shared links

Robertson_NC
Helpful | Level 5

Is this genuinely fixed? Now when I visit links to individual files—folders seem to work fine and these are not links I tried when the site was down—the file preview pops up as expected and then is almost immediately replaced by the error screen. I have cleared my cache multiple times, I have restarted Safari and I have had the same result 10 times in a row using different links.

Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 12.49.09 PM.png

60 Replies 60

Bria B
New member | Level 2

I'm experiencing this as well! Huge inconvenience since this is how my team sends projects for review and I can't review them!

Adrenaline
Explorer | Level 4

I keep getting this as well, you're not alone.  I use Dropbox for work and this is super frustrating!

Adrenaline
Explorer | Level 4

Mine is still not working 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @originalemanuel, since it works with Chrome and Edge, it must be something to do with Firefox.

If you login to your Dropbox account to view the link, then you get the error, right?

If you use a different browser to save the video to your Dropbox, are you able to preview it as normal through Firefox?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Rich
Super User II

@Adrenaline wrote:

Mine is still not working 

What, exactly, isn't working? The problem described in this thread was resolved yesterday and is no longer an issue.

Edit by Rich: These posts were moved to the relevant thread.

desantprod
New member | Level 2

It is still an issue.

When sending out a shared link still getting the error page.

Adrenaline
Explorer | Level 4

When I click on the link my team is sending, I'm still getting an error with a purple bullseye.  

jaydoubleyoo
Explorer | Level 4

I can't speak for others, obviously, but I have tried various browsers and private/incognito in those and nothing works. Cleared caches etc. These are not viable workarounds.

originalemanuel
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Hannah 

Yes, it only happens in Firefox after logging in.

I do not understand the 2nd Question. I did not save the video from a browser to Dropbox, I do that with the Windows App.

jaydoubleyoo
Explorer | Level 4

Hi, there are currently at least two threads about this error ongoing. To repeat what I've said on the other one, I am having this exact same problem with mp4 and mov files on Safari and Chrome. Have emptied cache, deleted history etc etc and used private/incognito in both but I still cannot access any of these files for more than a split second, even files uploaded today, so seems it has nothing to do with the website issue yesterday.

Need more support?