cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email pdf vs sending a link

Email pdf vs sending a link

David B.93
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I want to email a pdf from drop box. It sends a link rather than sending the pdf. The corporation I am sending to will not let them open the link. How do I send the file rather than sending a link to the file?

24 Replies 24

ArnColón
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Yes please, how can it be done? I was using Quick Edit which works perfectly to send files not links. But alas a recent email from Dropbox states...
"...September 28, 2017, we’ll be making some changes to Dropbox that will likely affect the following 3rd party apps linked to your Dropbox account: ShareFile Quickedit. You’re receiving this email because you’ve used these apps at least once within the past month..."
"While we’ve informed all developers about our upcoming changes, the developers for the apps listed above have yet to update their apps accordingly. If they don’t update their apps before September 28, these apps will no longer be able to access Dropbox. That said, any data already saved in Dropbox won’t be affected and will still be accessible from our official web, mobile, and desktop clients."

ArnColón
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Ok finally, you can do it but you need to use iOS Mail to send the attachment.

Here are the instructions...

https://thesweetsetup.com/how-to-attach-a-file-from-dropbox-to-an-ios-email/

Chrystie
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

that was easy from my desktop (MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3), but my iphone didn't allow me to "share as pdf"

kooy2000
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Easy, just open drop box from file, please see the screen cuts attached, thanks

350960715582841398.jpg832197443739634523.jpg

Bobmaas
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Ive been having the same issue. When wanting to attach a PDF FILE in Outlook, works great on my iPad but wants to send the Dropbox LINK instead of the PDF. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Bobmaas wrote:

Ive been having the same issue. When wanting to attach a PDF FILE in Outlook, works great on my iPad but wants to send the Dropbox LINK instead of the PDF. 

That's a change that Microsoft made and is out of Dropbox's control. If you open a file in Dropbox and Export it to Outlook, you can still attach a file, but if you initiate the email in Outlook and try to attach a file from Dropbox, Outlook will only give you the Link option.

Ebuyer
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Open pdf in adobe reader for iPhone
Then select “open in” icon
Share files
Share flatten
Then choose your email app

The pdf remains on Dropbox memory! And it’s emailed

ArnColón
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Thank you for the tip. Even better I am reintroduced to the Adobe app which is awesome now! I am recieving pdf’s that need signing constantly from work and need to send back.

So now I save it to ...
-Dropbox
-Open Adobe
-Find PDF in Dropbox via Adobe
-Sign, date add notes (whatever)
-Save it
-Select Share and as Ebuyer stated choose “Flatten”
-Email as as an attachment!

Awesome and thank you Ebuyer!

Ebuyer
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Well no

Open Dropbox

Open your pdf

Select open with

Choose adobe reader

:adobe reader opens with pdf loaded you can sign here if you like or fill in ( to sign or fill in - press any empty space and release - you’ll get
Note rext freehand

Note - is a post it

Text - fill in

Freehand - to sign

( to sign with freehand , make your mark , then save .... now tap your mark and choose thickness - I prefer the smallest thickness - then your mak looks like your dignities !.... you can move it any where on the page but not across pages ( you have to repeat the freehand on new page) )

Select open in

Select share file

Select flattened

Choose email app

Send ....

(

ArnColón
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Yep absolutely you can do it as I described. More than one to get things done.

I just did it 😉
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JLB 1906 Explorer | Level 3
    Tony G.16 Explorer | Level 3
    David B.93 Explorer | Level 4
    Kim M.25 New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?