cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox web keeps dropping uploads after a few minutes saying I have no internet

Dropbox web keeps dropping uploads after a few minutes saying I have no internet

Jaiy
New member | Level 2

Hi, was wondering what the problem might be.
Everytime I go to upload my file (a 40mb zip file), drop box uploads,
but after a few minutes it stops. It shows by the file name 'Paused - no internet'.
and also there is a brown label at the bottom of the uploads dialogue saying 'Uploads paused Make sure your internet connection is stable'

But I have internet and it is stable, so I don't know why there is a problem.

6 Replies 6

Jaiy
New member | Level 2

Ok...so I decided to go another route and break up my files into a few zips so my ISP won't complain about size...but as I was doing that, I saw a pop up from drop box saying upload is complete with a share link available.
However, the same error messages are still displayed saying the upload is currently paused.
So something is buggy about all of this.
I'm using the latest FireFox version but also because as I was searching I saw someone say to try using the desktop app.
So I did and I don't see the point in that since all it does is add a few options when right clicking a file - In the end, still using the browser to upload anyway.

Jaiy
New member | Level 2

As another note...it took about a minute to get the link which seems long since the files have already been uploaded.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Jaiy, thanks for posting on our Community. 

Are you experiencing the same behavior on different browsers, or incognito mode? 

If yes, I’d like a screenshot of the error you see, as well as the brown box that keeps appearing. 

Keep me in the loop.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jaiy
New member | Level 2

Hi...still having issues again today.
45MB file uploading. Fails within a minute or two mentioning about internet connection.
My internet connection is stable, I upload regularly about the same file sizes to other servers on the same browser.
I've tried different browsers with DropBox and tried Incognito mode and still the same issue.
Here is a screenshot of todays issue.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/pdsc23ormhblca20n7550/DropBox_Issue.png?rlkey=oem4p44txrdjkrxxn4aa23z...

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Jaiy, thanks for the info, do you have any proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router settings that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jonahmo
New member | Level 2

Same issue for me, for at least a month now, on Safari.  No VPN/firewall/etc.  My workaround is that I hit cancel in the upload queue, and then click retry.  Sometimes the same thing happens, sometimes it works.  Very annoying.  As of today, I'm trying it with Chrome, and that seems to be stable, whereas Safari continues to fail over and over, and even my previous workaround isn't working at all.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jonahmo New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Jaiy New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?