cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox sync stuck at 10846 files for two weeks.

Dropbox sync stuck at 10846 files for two weeks.

rokman54
New member | Level 2

My dropbox sync is stuck at 10846 files for two weeks on my Windows 10 computer. I have already tried the obvious solutions suggested here including disabling syncing and reenabling it and reinstalling the dropbox app. I have had similar issues occasionally and have found that renaming/deleting certain problematic files usually fixes the problem. I would appreciate it if Dropbox can tell me which file/folder is causing this problem. 

10 Replies 10

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @rokman54, sorry to hear about this issue.

If you click on the small Dropbox icon in your system tray, and go to your “Sync history” tab after that, are you seeing any errors for any of the files that are currently trying to sync? 

Other than that, you can open your local Dropbox folder, and see if any of your files/folders have the red X syncing icon next to them, indicating they can’t sync.

If that doesn't help, can you clarify what's the app version of your Dropbox app, as well as how many files your Dropbox app is currently syncing? You can double check the latter by right clicking on your local Dropbox folder, and selecting "Properties".

Keep me in the loop for any updates.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rokman54
New member | Level 2

There are no issues on the sync history. Also it doesn't show any file that is syncing. There are too many folders and files to manually check which file has a X on it. 

My app version is v187.4.5691. The number of syncing files is stuck between 10848 and 10855. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi again, @rokman54! Just to clarify, are you seeing this number, when right clicking on your local Dropbox folder? Can you send me a screenshot of what you see, when visiting its Properties?

In any case, I’d like us to make sure that your desktop app doesn’t sync overall more than 300k files, since this can cause performance issues.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rokman54
New member | Level 2

rokman54_0-1700160449937.png

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @rokman54 - sorry to jump in here, but could you try fixing your hardlinks and permissions as outlined here and let us know if syncing gets stuck at the exact same number of files again? 

Thanks so much!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

rokman54
New member | Level 2

I tried both and it didn't fix the problem. Now the sync is stuck between 12264 and 12268.

rokman54_0-1700164301080.png

rokman54
New member | Level 2

I have 204,387 Files, 2,239 Folders.

Also here is my screenshot of the properties on my local dropbox folder. Nothing indicates  the number of files to be synced

rokman54_1-1700164533190.png

Walter
Dropbox Staff

The syncing icons would be an indication of the status of the files in your Dropbox folder @rokman54 

While we're at it, have you tried adjusting your bandwidth settings to see if that helps improve matters for you?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

rokman54
New member | Level 2

Previously, there was a limit on upload rate. I eliminated it. Still the same issue.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    rokman54 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?