cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox keeps uploading photos, even after camera uploads has been disabled

Dropbox keeps uploading photos, even after camera uploads has been disabled

jitparmar
New member | Level 2

as per instructions i have stopped auto download of photos but no sooner I painstakingly delete all photos, Dropbox immediately uploads photos again and i start to get message, "upgrade for more space".  I believe this is a scam Dropbox is running to lure people in buying more space.

I have already chosen "take no action" in "choose AutoPay defaults".  what else should i do to stop Dropbox uploading photos by default

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@jitparmar wrote:

as per instructions i have stopped auto download of photos but no sooner I painstakingly delete all photos, Dropbox immediately uploads photos again ...

First, it's not a scam. There are no actions taken by Dropbox to inflate your usage, ever.

Could it be that the original import never finished syncing because you were out of space, and as soon as you delete photos to make more room the sync continued? Disabling the Camera Upload feature would only stop the import of any new photos from devices you connect to your computer. If an import has already finished (files exist in the local Dropbox folder) but the files haven't finished syncing, then as soon as there's more room available the sync will resume.

If the files are located in your local Dropbox folder and you don't want them to sync, remove them from the Dropbox folder.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?