cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox has stopped working and syncing across Windows devices.

Dropbox has stopped working and syncing across Windows devices.

MountainGram
Helpful | Level 5

I have had continual issues recently with Dropbox, after years of smooth operations. I use a Windows 11 system on a PC and on a Surface 9 Pro.

Files no longer are saved nor do they sync between devices. Previously, uninstalling Dropbox and reinstalling has helped, but now, according to both devices, Dropbox is not installed, but if I go to Dropbox.com all but my most recent files are still there, and I don't get a prompt to let me download and reinstall dropbox. I'm at a loss as to what will happen if I create new files. All are word files in docx format.

Can you help?

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @MountainGram - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you try installing the app from this page directly and let me know how it goes?

Note that if you're on the Basic plan, you'll need to ensure that you're not connecting more than 3 devices to your account as you might be hitting your device limit

That said, if you get a specific error along the way, please send us a screenshot so that we can have a visual too.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

MountainGram
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks for the link. That worked. I will have to repeat this on my Surface later and hope the two devices will start talking to each other again. I don't know why Dropbox has been so troublesome lately. It doesn't show up in my system tray icons, and when it does, most of the time it says my files are all synced, but they're not.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

MountainGram Helpful | Level 5
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?