cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox full due to shared folder; can't leave as don't have sufficient permission to do so.

Dropbox full due to shared folder; can't leave as don't have sufficient permission to do so.

Kateymw
Explorer | Level 3

Hello

My Dropbox is full due to a large shared folder. This is one I accessed about 4 years ago and haven't used since; I'm not sure why it has reappeared overnight and synced with my own account. I tried to click the sharing option to remove my own access but it comes up that I don't have permission to do so (it says "This folder can only be managed by the XXXX team." 

I then tried to delete the file in my account and again it says I don't have permission to do so. 

It seems ridiculous I can't remove myself from an account I haven't accessed in four years, that I haven't added myself to. I have tried to contact the person who manages the account but I am not getting any response from them, and in the meantime my own DropBox is full and giving me warnings all the time. 

16 Replies 16

Mark
Super User II

I've discovered you can remove the shares via the mobile app @Kateymw and @hilpara . Not ideal but at least its a work around!

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Kateymw
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you! 

hilpara
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks, worked for me!

Mark
Super User II

Yay!

No idea why nobody is replying from Dropbox though 😞 
@Megan ? @Jay ? @Hannah ?

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi guys! I hope you're doing well! 

I checked with our Team and it seems that they are actively investigating this. 

We will make sure to follow up here once we have additional news. Thank you for your patience, and understanding! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mark
Super User II

@Kateymw and @hilpara 

think this is now fixed... not that Dropbox have communicated anything with me though 😞 

Kateymw
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you. In the end I managed to contact the person who owned and had set up the account the teams was coming from and she deleted the whole account which hadn't been used for years. Very frustrating the lack of communication from Dropbox on this one!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Kateymw Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    hilpara Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?