cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DropBox sync not working on Windows 10

Dropbox app on Windows gets stuck syncing every time I'm opening online-only files.

Clafond177
New member | Level 2

Have been using DropBox app (selective sync) for over a year with zero problems, however recently syncing has become a big issue. 

Issues:

• When attempting to view online-only files, DropBox struggles immensely and gets stuck in a syncing loop. Files won't open unless I quit DropBox to sever the never-ending sync loop. Files that haven't been made available for offline use are inaccessible.
  • Grey X appears on file icons indicating a file sync issue.
  • Windows Explorer slows to a crawl and locks up. Quitting DropBox immediately remedies the problem.

Attempted solutions:

• Performed Windows 10 update.
  • Updated video card drivers.
  • Uninstalled DropBox. Deleted local files. Re-installed DropBox. Re-Synced DropBox files (selective sync).
  • Activated/De-activated VPN.

Specs:

• Windows 10 Pro - Version: 22H2
  • DropBox v202.4.5551
14 Replies 14

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@lshaw22, I’ve also asked you on this thread, but what’s the current syncing status of your Dropbox app? 

Other than that, I’d also like you to right click on your local Dropbox folder, go to “Properties” and send me a screenshot of the next window you’ll see.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

lshaw22
Explorer | Level 4

Screenshot 2024-07-02 101824.png

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @lshaw22, thanks for the screenshot.

If you hover over the Dropbox icon in your system tray, by the computer's clock, what do you see?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

lshaw22
Explorer | Level 4

If your asking if it shows if files are being sync'd (as it would if it was trying to sync my companies entire 4+TB dropbox) the answer is no. This is a problem of going into selective sync settings and it showing everything being check marked. If I clicked "update" then I'm sure it would try to sync everything to my computer. 

The last Dropbox update Version 202.4.5551 is broken. Multiple issues have been reported by myself and many other community members and it is making work very frustrating. Please request that the engineers roll back the update or provide a fix ASAP.

Algorithm
Explorer | Level 4

Yes I do agree with you, since recents update its totally broken couldnt find a way to fix my sync problem too

Need more support?