cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox says I've exceeded my quota, even though I've already upgraded my account.

Dropbox says I've exceeded my quota, even though I've already upgraded my account.

Petlyn
Explorer | Level 4

Hello thanks for checking in.

I have PURCHASED Dropbox on my Windows 10 computer and uploaded an important folder but when I come to download it on both my IPads it is saying I have exceeded my qouta and need to PURCHASE Dropbox. Obviously this is incorrect as I have purchased the program. Up to now I am not impressed with Dropbox as surely the fact that I have bought the program should mean I can AUTOMATICALLY use it on ANY of my devices including my IPhone without difficulty.

I only bought Dropbox as I could not get my around ICloud but there again maybe being 84 years of age does not help.

Thanks for any help.  PD. 

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II

@Petlyn wrote:

... when I come to download it on both my IPads it is saying I have exceeded my qouta and need to PURCHASE Dropbox.

Exceeded your quota, or the number of linked devices? I'm betting that you signed in to Dropbox on your iPads you're using a different account from what you've used on your computer.

Go in to Preferences in the Dropbox application on your computer, click the Account tab and check the email address used on the account. Make sure that's the same email address that you're using to sign in to the app on the iPads.

Petlyn
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you so much for the ultra fast response and YES you are correct I have purchased Dropbox from a Google account I never use. I have now got to suss out HOW I can cancel the purchase and change to my regular email address, it's awful having a 84 year old addled brain.

Thanks again I'm very grateful.  PD..

Petlyn
Explorer | Level 4

Oh dear. I removed Dropbox from an IPad and reinstalled the program using the old email address as the computer but unfortunately it comes up with the same message that I have to purchase the software, I am now REALLY confused. Thank you...

Petlyn
Explorer | Level 4

Hi thanks.

I'm a very ANCIENT guy with a muddled head. Had a problem trying to achieve music file downloads to 3 separate IPads using ICloud but gave up when I found Dropbox bought it and bought an extra large headache.

Firstly I bought it via a VERY old email address I haven't used for years and when I installed Dropbox on my IPads I unfortunately installed BOTH Dropbox programs on my main email address which really made a mess fortunately I was rescued on this forum by Super User 11 thanks but realise now we have an awful problem as, despite REMOVING BOTH IPad installations the Cache wants to install the software using my OLD address so going round in circles.

I need really to delete my purchase of Dropbox and reinstall it using my regular email address the only way I can see to do that is to delete the software and reinstall with my 'proper' email address but then would I be stuck with TWO accounts ??

Thanks for your thoughts.  Peter.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey Peter! Before moving forward, do you basically wish to update the email address of your paid Dropbox account to a newer one? Did I get it right? Thanks!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Petlyn Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?