cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Dropbox to create links

Can't get Dropbox to create links

Jason Schoonover
Helpful | Level 5

I drag a file into Dropbox that I want to send by email, but the blue circulating image doesn't come on, and the file doesn't load so I can't create a link.  I've tried everything. Reinstalling and temporarily disabling my virus protection.  I have the basic plan and my file, while large,  is well under the 2GB. Help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Schoonover
Helpful | Level 5

Okay, I got it working - though through a different route than usual - but at last it works!  Thanks for your help Mark.  What I did was go back to Downloads and clicked on the Dropbox setup link.  Why it worked this time, I don't know...? I even have the Dropbox icon in the bottom.... 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II

What does Dropbox say if you mouse over its icon on the status bar?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jason Schoonover
Helpful | Level 5

There's no icon in my status bar...?  The Dropbox symbol is on my desktop screen.

Jason Schoonover
Helpful | Level 5

How do I get it on my status bar Mark please?

Mark
Super User II

If there is no icon on the status bar then Dropbox isnt running, you need to start it from the Start button, or App foder. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jason Schoonover
Helpful | Level 5

Okay, I got it working - though through a different route than usual - but at last it works!  Thanks for your help Mark.  What I did was go back to Downloads and clicked on the Dropbox setup link.  Why it worked this time, I don't know...? I even have the Dropbox icon in the bottom.... 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jason Schoonover Helpful | Level 5
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?