cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't Display Link/The Link does not exist

Can't Display Link/The Link does not exist

MotivatedMover
Explorer | Level 4

Good Afternoon, 

Thanks for your email, We contacted you/Dropbox Support because we have tried the Chatbot, the Help Center and community 

multiple times with no success, this is the only way we could figure out how to get help, I ask that you please try to help us...The issue is we are Sharing a Folder to people and its (the shared folder) is showing that the people have access to the Folder in our Dropbox account and also in their Dropbox Account, however when they go to open up the Folder in their Dropbox it's says Can't Display Link/ the Link does not exist... How do you fix this? 

Best Regards, Motivated Military Movers 

63 Replies 63

cherkcom
Explorer | Level 3

t is not part of backups.  It's just a regular Dropbox folder.

TonyR1947
Explorer | Level 3

It is important before tying the work around described above (see page 5 of these correspondences) that the new member to be added does not already appear in the list of members as a result of previous failed attempts. If they do the you must first remove them from the list before proceeding.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @cherkcom, thanks for the additional info.

Is it possible to also get a screenshot of what they see when they try to accept the folder using a web browser?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

TonyR1947
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Hannah. Unfortunately since our shared folder problems have been solved by the workaround described on page 5 of these correspondences I no longer have any screenshots to show you.

cherkcom
Explorer | Level 3

Hannah, do you mean with the workaround or without?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @cherkcom, I think Hannah meant a screenshot of the error that they see when they access the website and try to open the link there. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

cherkcom
Explorer | Level 3

Here it is.  This is what they get when they click on the "Add to Dropbox" button in the email.  In this case, it is opening up in MS Edge browser on a Windows 10 PC.

- Phil

Screenshot 2023-12-11 095434.png

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @cherkcom, do you share the folder using these steps, or sharing a link of that folder as mentioned here?

Have you tried deleting the link and then re-creating it, or removing the members and then re-adding them to see if that changes things?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

cherkcom
Explorer | Level 3

I'm using the first method to share the folder (https://help.dropbox.com/share/share-with-others).

I have almost 700 members, so I'm not going to remove all of them and add them all again.  That would result in chaos.  However, one someone encountered the error, I did try just removing that person and adding them back in, and they still got the error message.  The only thing that works is using the workaround mentioned earlier in this thread.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @cherkcom, I totally understand that. 

It sounds based on everything that you described, that this is the error they get when they click the link that's embedded in the email they're sent, in order to join the shared folder, is that correct? 

If this is the case, could you then ask them to access their Sharing tab and try to add the folder that way? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?