cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't Display Link/The Link does not exist

Can't Display Link/The Link does not exist

MotivatedMover
Explorer | Level 4

Good Afternoon, 

Thanks for your email, We contacted you/Dropbox Support because we have tried the Chatbot, the Help Center and community 

multiple times with no success, this is the only way we could figure out how to get help, I ask that you please try to help us...The issue is we are Sharing a Folder to people and its (the shared folder) is showing that the people have access to the Folder in our Dropbox account and also in their Dropbox Account, however when they go to open up the Folder in their Dropbox it's says Can't Display Link/ the Link does not exist... How do you fix this? 

Best Regards, Motivated Military Movers 

63 Replies 63

Walter
Dropbox Staff

In that case, may we reach out via email to have a further look internally at this point @Alain_Brassard?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Alain_Brassard
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, no problem

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Alain_Brassard, I've sent you an email, please could you reply to it when you get a chance.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

TonyR1947
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay I am having exactly the same problem as Alain_Brassard and would like to be informed of a solution when one is found.

Regards, Tony

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @TonyR1947, could you confirm what version of the Dropbox mobile app you're running, and what OS is on your device?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

TonyR1947
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay, I am running iPadOS  Version 17.1.1 and I have accessed Dropbox by signing in via a web browser. The browser I use is Firefox (v 119.2 (35843)

Regards, Tony

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Could you try installing it to see if you can add the folder?

Otherwise, could you try a different browser entirely to see if this helps?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

TonyR1947
Explorer | Level 3

The folder already exists with about 80 members but I don't seem to be able to add anyone else now because of the problems outlined in this thread namely 

Can't display link/The link does not exist

I thought the problem might have been connected to one particular person I was trying to add but it appears that it occurs for anyone I now try to add.

I have also used Windows 11 and the edge bowser but the results are the same.

Tony 

Alain_Brassard
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @TonyR1947.

There may be a workaround (which worked on my side).

It requires to ask the invited people to use web browser instead of the DropBox app (I don't think it matters how the folder owner sent the invite, app or web, the key here is that the person that is invited to join uses a web browser instead of the app)

It's a bit tricky because, when receiving an invite link, the phone or tablet will automatically use the DropBox app, never a Web Browser.

But the following steps worked for me:

- Connect to its DropBox account on DropBox web site inside a Web Browser (NOT using the DropBox app)

- Click on "Shared" view (in the left bar)

- The invited folder should appear as "Not yet joined"

- Then click on that folder

This worked on my iPad (using Safari Web Browser, though I'm pretty sure any browser would work at this point).

If this also works for you, this would even more point to a bug in the DropBox application.

TonyR1947
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for your workaround which I will try but in the meantime you might also be interested in another workaround a friend of mine came across this morning which also depends on accessing Dropbox via a web browser and not an app. It goes as follows.

Send an invite by any means. When the recipient receives the email they should NOT press the accept button but instead log into their Dropbox account via a web browser. There go to the notifications in the top right corner (looks like a bell) it will show a red mark indicating that something had come in , clicked on that - it asks if you wanted to accept the invitation to join the shared folder. Indicate that you do the screen will refresh with access shown.

Thanks for persistence in sorting out the workaround

Need more support?