cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't Display Link/The Link does not exist

Can't Display Link/The Link does not exist

MotivatedMover
Explorer | Level 4

Good Afternoon, 

Thanks for your email, We contacted you/Dropbox Support because we have tried the Chatbot, the Help Center and community 

multiple times with no success, this is the only way we could figure out how to get help, I ask that you please try to help us...The issue is we are Sharing a Folder to people and its (the shared folder) is showing that the people have access to the Folder in our Dropbox account and also in their Dropbox Account, however when they go to open up the Folder in their Dropbox it's says Can't Display Link/ the Link does not exist... How do you fix this? 

Best Regards, Motivated Military Movers 

63 Replies 63

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @MotivatedMover, let's jump right into this! 

Based on what you described, it seems you're sharing a shared link, not a shared folder, right? 

Are they using the same link that you're using, and it's working for you but not them? If so, I'd try clearing the browser's cache/browsing history and trying again, or try another browser.

Also, are you the owner of the content? And have you either removed the link or deleted the file?

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MotivatedMover
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for your reply Megan!

I am sharing a shared folder not a link, I am the admin for the shared folder, the persons I am sharing the folder with have access to the folder, however when they open the folder the error message "Can't Display Link/The Link does not exist" comes up. Please advise what to do. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @MotivatedMover, hope it’s OK to jump in. 

Do you mind sharing a screenshot of the error they see exactly on their end? 

Have you shared any other folders with them, and if yes, do they see the same error when trying to access them?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

MotivatedMover
Explorer | Level 4

Screenshot_20230928_143405_Message+.jpg

I ve shared other folders with no issue like the one I am having

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Can you please try to remove one of the users from the folder, as a test, and then share it again with them? Do they still see the same error now?

Do they see the same thing if they try to access the folder via a computer as well, and not their mobile device?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

MotivatedMover
Explorer | Level 4

Good Evening, I tried this, one of the persons who got the error message tried it from their computer and they got the same error message. What next?

Please note this only started with the last 3 people I shared the folder with, also i noticed that even it shows shared on my end and theirs, the folder on their end has a partial different name then on my end, i dont know if this has anything to do with the issue.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @MotivatedMover, I hope you're doing well! 

Just to clarify, did you follow these steps to add the members to the folder, or these in order to create and share a link with them?

You mentioned a shared folder but the screenshot shows "can't display link" that's why I wanted to clarify. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

MotivatedMover
Explorer | Level 4

Hi, I did all the steps that you said and I am sharing a folder not a link, I also said in one of my last messages that on my end and the persons end i shared it with, they have the folder but when they click on the folder it says the Can't Display Link/The Link does not exist

Maybe their is some weird technical issue within dropbox or something, can I get live support? can someone please call me and I can share my computer screen and they can try to figure it out because this has been 3 days already and you are asking me the same questions now, please have someone call me! Thanks

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @MotivatedMover, currently, we only provide incoming phone support for team admins of Dropbox Business subscriptions.

Your available support options based on your plan and account type, which you can see on this page.

Are they able to view the shared folder on this page on their account?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?