cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Shared Folders - seeing who has accessed

Can I prevent people from seeing the email addresses of others, when using a shared folder?

Peter R.42
Helpful | Level 7

Hi - I want to use DB for a data room on a transaction, but my partner is resisting because he says that when he used it on another occasion, everyone who accessed the folder was able to see the email addresses of everyone else who had accessed it, which is obviously a problem in a confidential transaction.

My questions are (I) is he correct that this is even possible, and (ii) if it is, how do I turn off that feature so that it doesn't happen? (I'm using DropBox basic but please advise if features are different for paid plans)

Thanks

2 Replies 2

AliceDropbox
Dropbox Product Manager

Hey @Peter R.42 - this is a setting in Folder Setting called 'Viewer info'. You'll need to turn it off for each folder you want to share

Rich
Super User II

@AliceDropbox 

Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but I thought that there's no way to disable this on a shared folder?

@Peter R.42 wrote:

... everyone who accessed the folder was able to see the email addresses of everyone else who had accessed it, which is obviously a problem in a confidential transaction.

Does turning off Viewer Info actually hide all members of a shared folder from each other, or does it just hide the ability to see who is viewing files within the folder?

Need more support?