cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I connect my hard drive with Dropbox?

Can I connect my hard drive with Dropbox?

sloupeterson
New member | Level 2

Hi, completely out of date old person here.  When I signed up for drop box (free), more than 10 years ago there was a connection between folders on my hard drive and drop box folders. I could see that they were linked since they were in a drop box folder and if I modified my hard drive folder that modified the folder in drop box. 

I don't see that link any more and wonder if it still exists? If it does, how do I see the link?  Thanks.

I will be uploading almost 500 photos (recently scanned slides) soon. I will download them on my hard drive first and then upload them to drop box. Previously I would copy a link to a folder I wanted to share and send it out.  Is that under the "share" folder now?  Thanks again.   I know I could read drop box's get started, but those things have never been very helpful to me.  SP

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @sloupeterson, I hope you're doing well!

Let's jump right into this. 

When you mention "a connection between folders on my hard drive and Dropbox folders" what comes to mind is the Dropbox app. Could that be it?

Essentially, if you have downloaded, and installed the desktop app to your device you should have a Dropbox folder available locally with all your Dropbox content there. 

That folder will be a "mirror" and sync everything you put in there, to your account online and vice versa.

In addition to that, you also mentioned sharing a link with others. You can see more about this here, and let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks a bunch! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?