cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Camera upload failing

Camera upload failing

Ech0M4n
Explorer | Level 3

New PC, Windows with Swedish language (my old PC had English OS).

Cable-connecting my Anroid/Samsung Galaxy S9 to the PC. I get the Dropbox "splash screen" and choose to Start Import. Then I get an error message (in Swedish, but roughly translated "Upload failed for some photos or vi..." (truncated).

I have checked so the Dropbox account is the same on the PC and Phone.
I have checked that the Phone app is set to backup photos.
There are no Synch issues reported on the Desktop app.

On my old PC I don't recall having an issue like this, and it still imports photos from the phone via cable on the old one.

Feeling a bit stumped at the moment, does anyone have any ideas? I would very much appreciate it.  🙂

(Sorry for Swedish language in the screen captures, but I hope you will recognize them, anyway)

2023-04-03_080744.png2023-04-03_080806.png

13 Replies 13

Ech0M4n
Explorer | Level 3

It does seem to upload the images through something else (maybe OneDrive Sync / Microsoft). Perhaps something is conflicting there?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Ech0M4n, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you try quitting the other cloud services on your device and see if the Dropbox desktop application is able to upload the images from your mobile device?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Ech0M4n
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for getting in touch! 🙂

Seems i had no less than three apps trying to do the same thing... 🙂

- OneDrive (Microsoft) - now disabled on PC and Gallery app on phone is now set to not Sync with OneDrive.
- PhoneLink (Microsoft) - now I have removed my phone from the list of devices on the PC App. Can't see how to disable the process itself.

(-Samsung Cloud ?)
- Dropbox - unfortunately the same error after disabling the two above and restarting my PC. The only difference now is that no new photos at all are imported to my Camera Uploads folder.

Not sure if this is new and/or expected behaviour, but Dropbox starts a whole lot of processes on my machine, Screen capture right after restart, and trying (and failing) to sync.

Let me know if there is something more I can do to help solving the issue. 🙂
2023-04-03_161035.png

Edit : I also just realized I am not Admin on my PC, I'll have a look at that in a bit. 🙂

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Could you try using a different cable or USB port on your computer to see if this helps?

Regarding the processes when starting up, this normal for the Dropbox app.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Ech0M4n
Explorer | Level 3

I have tried different cables, and 3 different USB 3 ports, same error message.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Ech0M4n, I would like for you to locate your Dropbox icon on your task bar, next to your WiFi and hover your mouse over it.

That should give you the version and syncing status of the app. Can you let me know? Also, if you have a moment, feel free to check this Help Center article too. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Ech0M4n
Explorer | Level 3

Hi!

2023-04-04_130701.png

I stopped limiting battery usage in the Dropbox app on my phone (as per the linked helöp centre article).
For the second setting, I could not find the Dropbox app in the list of apps to never sleep.

Still getting the same error message as before unfortunately. BUT uploading new photos to my PC anyway (after the error message) with some delay. So something good has happened. 🙂

2023-04-04_131937.png

Ech0M4n
Explorer | Level 3

Well, it seems to happen cable-attached or not, so I guess my phone does add the images to the Dropbox app, and after some time it is synced with my desktop. I guess I can live with this, just have to try to change my behaviour since a decade or so. 🙂

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Ech0M4n,thanks for the info!

it seems you're using a Beta version (171.3.6157) of our desktop app, which could be the culprit there. 

Can you make sure that Early releases are set to off, in your account settings, and then try re-installing our latest stable?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?