cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Be able to view messages I sent when I shared a link via dropbox

Be able to view messages I sent when I shared a link via dropbox

mmwoakaus
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

How is it possible that I cannot view the message I sent along with the file that I shared with a team? I was just told by one team member that they never received the email that I shared and I just went to try and find it as proof but there is no where to find these emails. At the very least you should automatically copy the sender (via their account email) so that there is a record of this share in my emails. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @mmwoakaus, thanks for messaging the Community.

Currently, the messages for shared links can't be stored and brought back at a later date.

We appreciate the feedback you've given about the sharing experience. We take all comments into consideration when improving our apps and service, and thank you for the information you've provided.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @mmwoakaus, thanks for messaging the Community.

Currently, the messages for shared links can't be stored and brought back at a later date.

We appreciate the feedback you've given about the sharing experience. We take all comments into consideration when improving our apps and service, and thank you for the information you've provided.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mmwoakaus
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Jay - how hard can it be to make the is happen. Even if you simply add the automatically cc yourself option. I see that so many people have requested this (over 5 years!) and you all keep closing the requests. But seriously - how hard can it be to solve this? It seems to me like this would be a very simple issue to resolve and one that should have been done a long time ago.

stphillips
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

PLEASE make this happen. This cannot be that difficult. I send important notes when sharing the dropbox link.  I must copy and paste that info somewhere, which I inevitably misplace. This is pretty techno backward IMO. 

Need more support?