cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Audio files not showing on Linux (Fedora) mounted directory.

Audio files not showing on Linux (Fedora) mounted directory.

fredleason
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I used headless install to install 178.4.4811 and executed .dropbox-dist/dropboxd. The folder shows the directory structure that I see when I use the browser. However some directories on the browser contain audio and .pdf files but the Linux directory only shows .pdf files. 
Browser Image:

fredleason_0-1690583102211.png

Linux:

[*******@fedora Awake My Soul]$ ls -la
total 264
dr-xr-xr-x. 1 ******* *******    234 Jul 28 14:49  .
dr-xr-xr-x. 1 ******* *******     96 Jul 28 14:49  ..
-r--r--r--. 1 ******* *******  51097 Jun 27 22:22 'Awake My Soul - Bass Guitar.pdf'
-r--r--r--. 1 ******* *******  43193 Jun 27 22:33 'Awake My Soul - Drum Set.pdf'
-r--r--r--. 1 ******* *******  56340 Jul 25 10:01 'Awake My Soul - Guitar.pdf'
-r--r--r--. 1 ******* ******* 114555 Jul 28 12:15 'Awake My Soul - SATB w: SOLO.pdf'

My enviornment:

[*******@fedora Awake My Soul]$ uname -a
Linux fedora 6.4.6-200.fc38.x86_64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Mon Jul 24 20:51:12 UTC 2023 x86_64 GNU/Linux

16 Replies 16

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @Briain,

Glad to hear that helped you. 😉 I want clarify some possible terms mistakes and bad practices.

@Briain wrote:

..., but it's worth noting that if you've already installed the Dropbox application, ...

If you haven't Dropbox application already installed (including the daemon; it happens on first try launch), you can't do anything described above. So it's mandatory the application (more precisely the daemon) be installed in advance.

@Briain wrote:

..., right click on the application (on your task manager) and elect to close it, then run the two lines in the terminal ...

Dropbox application (again - more precisely the daemon) is a singletion application (may have only one running instance or it's supposed to be at least). If there is already running application instance, you shouldn't be able run another one (or least within the same user context)! So you should make sure it's so - either autorun isn't active or (as you noted) close already running instance - might be better using 'Quit Dropbox' entry in the icon context menu or  'dropbox stop' command in terminal instead of forcibly killing/terminating (through some task manager or in any other way).

Have a nice day.

Briain
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Здравко

Thank you for clarifying these points; most appreciated! I've edited the original post (with a note to explain why I've edited it and with a reference to your above post) in case anyone stumbles across it, without thinking to move onto the next forum page and read further.

Have a great day, too!

🙂

humbertobrandao
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I reinstalled my Ubuntu 22.04.2 and now I can't link my Dropbox account to my laptop. The message is "Invalid URL. Please check your client for a new one."

I tried to use EXPORT DISPLAY = "" and calling after the dropbox... but the links are showing me always the same message. 

my dropbox version is V179.4.4985.

Briain
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi

I'm not sure why my one showed a different links (I can't recall whether it was one or two) but it then started repeatedly generating the same link (every few seconds) so I simply copied that one and pasted it into my browser. When time permits, I'll try a test installation on another machine (I've a defective Windows machine to fix, so assuming it turns out to be repairable, once sorted I'll make it dual boot and also install Linux) to see what that one does when I run these two lines.

Anyhow, what happened when you copied and pasted that link into the browser's URL field; did it work?

Briain

humbertobrandao
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
When trying to copy the link, the result is the same. Same error. Same page.

Fay876
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same issue its created dozens of links.

humbertobrandao
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I sent a message in the dropbox support and they solved the problem in their side.

It's working now.
Need more support?