cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: warning at 'status' command line

warning at 'status' command line

JpFortran
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Since yesterday, when I run 'dropbox status' and it process is running, the CLI returns: 

/usr/bin/dropbox:614: DeprecationWarning: isSet() is deprecated, use is_set() instead
  if self.stop_event.isSet(): break
Actualizado // <-- means 'updated'

If no process exists, the 'dropbox is not running!' msg is displayed as usual.

I've tryied to update dropbox, but guess it's already updated. 'version' shows: 

Dropbox daemon version: 187.4.5691 #guess this is the latest
Dropbox command-line interface version: 2020.03.04 #don't know how to check just this one.

Any hint or help will be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@Rich wrote:

That's the latest stable release, but there's a newer beta release if you wanted to try it.

No there is NOT! The daemon (your link points to) and control script (contained in the package) are different thing. Updating the daemon won't affect the control script (where the error comes from). There is updated package, but it's restricted and unusable in particular case.

@JpFortran, take a look here how you can solve your issue. 😉

Good luck.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@JpFortran wrote:

I've tryied to update dropbox, but guess it's already updated.

That's the latest stable release, but there's a newer beta release if you wanted to try it.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@Rich wrote:

No there is NOT! The daemon (your link points to) and control script (contained in the package) are different thing. Updating the daemon won't affect the control script (where the error comes from). There is updated package, but it's restricted and unusable in particular case.

@JpFortran, take a look here how you can solve your issue. 😉

Good luck.

JpFortran
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

yes! seems that just renaming that is_set function is enough (thought dropbox was a binary file)

Thanks a lot!

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@JpFortran wrote:

... (thought dropbox was a binary file)

No, it's not. 🙂 it's script (i.e. text file). 😉

JpFortran
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Здравко wrote:

@JpFortran wrote:

... (thought dropbox was a binary file)

No, it's not. 🙂 it's script (i.e. text file). 😉

yup .. after seeing your recipe in your pointed post about using 'sed', inmediatly I thought Wa~wa~wait .. let's run 'file' over that /usr/bin/dropbox ... a python script ;-). Thanks again!

Need more support?