cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "Something went wrong" error when accessing my app on my MacBook.

"Something went wrong" error when accessing my app on my MacBook.

Louis Clerc
Explorer | Level 4

Hi! I tried to get into my account with my Macbook air and saw an error message, some kind of pink dart and board saying :

"Something went wrong. Don`t worry, your files are still safe and the Dropbox team has been notified. Check out our Status Page to see if there is a known incident, our Help center and forums for help, or head back to home."

The status page doesn't mention anything, and it is the first time this happens to me. Can someone help? Dropbox has been a smooth ride until now, and I have a lot of things on it. If this isn't sorted I will cancel my account and stop using the site. 

Thanks in advance!

Louis.

18 Replies 18

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hey @Louis Clerc and @Welshi23,

Thanks for reporting this. I've informed our Engineering team, who is now investigating. I'll provide an update here when I know more!

Ben

Louis Clerc
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you. I still have the error message, hopefully you can do something about it.

Cheers,

Louis.

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi @Louis Clerc and @Welshi23,

Can you let us know which browsers you are using, their version(s), and whether or not you have switched browsers since you first encountered this error message?

Louis, I see you have told us you're on the latest version of Safari but haven't attempted to use another browser. Is it possible for you to log in with another browser?

Thanks so much!

BenDBX
Community Manager

@Louis Clerc and @Welshi23

Our Engineering team has deployed a fix. You should no longer see this error message, but please let us know if you do and we can take another look. Thanks for reporting this!

EdainOD1967
Explorer | Level 4

I have the same problem, I am paying for a very expensive account and I cannot open any file on my imac but I can open files on my phone app. Please help Dropbox team!!!

EdainOD1967
Explorer | Level 4

This is very urgent!!! I need access to my files now and all I get is ...

Error

Something went wrong. Don`t worry, your files are still safe and the Dropbox team has been notified. Check out our Status Page to see if there is a known incident, our Help center and forums for help, or head back to home. and a pink target. Last week I only got this message when I tried to enlarge images but I could still see them in the grid-this week I cant even see them in a grid. Please help 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @EdainOD1967, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

winnieB
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

My dropbox file says "Something went wrong" but does not offer an explanation and my password does not work.   My backup file is several years old.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @winnieB - could you let us know some additional information so that we can assist further?

For example, are you getting this error on a desktop device, on a mobile one, or maybe on a web browser?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?