cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iPad app won't let me log in - please help!

iPad app won't let me log in - please help!

Sarah W.31
New member | Level 1

The dropbox app won't let me login on the iPad app, it keeps giving me the message "login failed" even though the credentials are 100% accurate.

Also, for every four or five tries I do, it takes me to a page with a captcha and asks me to verify. The captchas are mostly illegible, but when I finally do find one I can read I type it in and click verify only to have the app kick me out to the sign in screen and give me that same "login failed" message. 

Note: my iPad iOS and dropbox app are both completely up to date.

32 Replies 32

Kmbrum
New member | Level 2
Same issue except I have an iPhone 7 with the latest update.

Julie M.18
New member | Level 2

I am having the same issue.  I have used dropbox many many times on my ipad but am now having lots of issues logging in.  

Mark
Super User II
Have you done whats been suggested and tried a reset?
www.dropbox.com/forgot

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Julie M.18
New member | Level 2

Yes,  I have done all those things.  

Mark
Super User II
And you get a reset password and that doesnt work when you use it on the iPad?

Have you checked then you are using the most up to date version of Dropbox?

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Julie M.18
New member | Level 2

Correct.  The error I get is specifically "sign in failed" "the operation couldn't be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1012.)

Mark
Super User II
You've not actually answered the rest of the question though.

Are you using the most up to date versions of Dropbox? That error is usually if its out of date

Julie M.18
New member | Level 2

Yes, in fact I have deleted the app and reinstalled it as well.  All of my software is also up to date.

Mark
Super User II
I suggest logging a ticket then via http://bit.ly/cm-support and ask for help. Replies will take time, especially if you are a free user but, you can track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

I also suggest including screen shots if you can - especially of the error messages.

Julie M.18
New member | Level 2
I'm a pro user so I definitely pay for this service. I tried submitting a ticket but there is no space to actually write what is going on or submit a screen shot.
Need more support?