cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my ISP network banned from accessing Dropbox?

Why is my ISP network banned from accessing Dropbox?

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hello all,

Has there some restrictions set? I suddenly cannot reach to Dropbox using one of my ISP:

image.png

... 🤔 Why? As seems I'm not banned (nor my account)... The above appears with particular network connection only though I can reach the site, but the site "cuts" me. 🤷

Dropbox discriminates this link. Why?

17 Replies 17

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Sheena wrote:

..., but I suspect that this was an issue on the ISP side, as that is more common. ...

I don't think it could be issue at ISP side at all. What are you motives to think so? 🤔

Motives in opposite direction:

1. All other sites worked (and continue work) without issue;
  2. Even the connection to Dropbox forum works (as such). Dropbox forum refused to serve the request! The request itself was reaching Dropbox forum site and the response (status 403) successfully was flowing back (as can be seen in the dump). What ISP issue here?!

Anyway, its back to work. 😉 It's good idea you understand what was wrong though, so it will be prevented in the future.

Sheena
Community Manager

Hi @Здравко, I wanted to check in and see if that issue has reoccured at any point, or has it been stable since then? Thanks!

Sheena
Community Developer @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @Sheena, thanks for interested in. 🙋 The server issue was active from Thursday to Saturday inclusive. Since Sunday (July 21) lunch (local time), no more issues. 🎉🤞 I hope and believe it will stay so.

Thanks again, have a nice day and weekend ahead.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @Sheena,

I want to complain about other Dropbox forum dis-function that got up recently. For whatever reason, I cannot tag forum member, using @ (at) symbol anymore. To be able tag you here, I had to edit the post source - pretty inconvenient. Even more, it's NOT only to me - your colleagues as seems have the same issue as could be seen here, here, here, etc. I believe it's some small bug that asks for to be freed outside forum by somebody. 😉 I believe too that you can.

Also, I have one proposal. Currently, in post editor is missing a way to format some part of the text as inline code - something that may gets done by <code></code>. I think would be an easy way to be added a small button that wraps marked text in such a way (take a look here for an example and focus on formatting of 'startOAuth2PKCE' there). Do you agree? 🧐

Thanks in advance.

Rich
Super User II

@Здравко wrote:

For whatever reason, I cannot tag forum member, using @ (at) symbol anymore.

That's a known issue and they're working on it.

Currently, in post editor is missing a way to format some part of the text as inline code - something that may gets done by <code></code>.

If you expand the toolbar, do you have the code option?

e550e444fe6082312634b610ac756580.png

d5fdd9e183dd44cdb080a2fa2646d987.png

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1>Code Editor</h1>
<p>It seems to work just fine.</p>

</body>
</html> 

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hm..🤔 I asked for inline code. Does the button you point do this? 🧐 Rhetoric of course. 🙂 As seems on the same screenshot, you posted, it doesn't!

Rich, this button may include code tag, but it is not the main one and definitely not inline (despite itself is inline). The main tag there is the pre tag - a block tag!

Hope this sheds some light. 😉

PS: I believe the following screenshots show the differences:

Screenshot_20240822_210852.png

Screenshot_20240822_211049.png

Do they?

Sheena
Community Manager

Hi @Здравко, as Mark mentioned, this is a known issue with we’re investigating currently. And thanks for the suggestion regarding an inline code tag, that’s not something we’re going to be able to implement but I appreciate the suggestion 😊

Sheena
Community Developer @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Sheena wrote:

..., that’s not something we’re going to be able to implement ...

Thanks anyway... 🙂

Just an underline: It is implemented already!!! My screenshot shows a Greg post that I linked to above - a post here in the forum, already existing that you can see. In this context nothing needs to be implemented, since already existed. My suggestion is just a way to be used convenient - nothing more.

Have a nice day.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    Sheena Community Manager
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?