cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to Log into Dropbox App. "Previous sign in interrupted. Please try again"

Unable to Log into Dropbox App. "Previous sign in interrupted. Please try again"

chemistry4
New member | Level 2

I have been unable to log into the Dropbox application on my Windows 11 computer. I have tried using both Chrome and Edge. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the normal and the offline installer version of the dropbox application installer. I have reset the browser and deleted all cookies and plugins. The application always errors out with teh message "previous sign in interrupted. Please try again"

7 Replies 7

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @chemistry4, welcome to our Community! 

Is it possible that you have any antivirus or other security applications running, that could be affecting this? 

If so, can you try disabling them temporarily while you install our app? Also, can you access www.dropbox.com without issue? 

If you could also send me a screenshot of the error message you are receiving, that'd be great. 

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Firelock
Helpful | Level 6

Our company with 150 users is having the exact same issue. None of our users on either Macs or PCs can sign in using the desktop app. When we try we get the error, “Previous sign in interrupted. Please try again”. We are able to sign in to the Web client, but that is not a good solution for us. We need the desktop app. We do have a ticket working with Dropbox support.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Firelock, feel free to share the ticket number, in order for me to locate it on our system. 

Thanks a bunch!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Firelock
Helpful | Level 6

Here you go. The ticket was opened under my business account. Thanks!

Ticket #22867538

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Awesome, thanks for that @Firelock 

I've passed both mine and your comments on the agent working on your case, and they should get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Rocket2
New member | Level 2

Hello @Firelock,

I had the same issue last week when I tried signing into the Dropbox app on Windows 11. I signed in using my personal account to the Dropbox app and tried linking my business account as a team account and received an error stating the maximum devices reached while I only had 3 devices connected. I asked my admin to remove all Dropbox accounts (Mobile and iPad) linked to my account, except the one running on my other machine, and it seemed to resolve this issue for me. 

Firelock
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for the helpful updates. The number of signed in devices is definitely not the issue with us. This is also occurring for new users who have never signed in with their company accounts. Also we have checked in the settings to make sure that there are no other devices. It may have something to do with our Microsoft Defender cloud security software. We have tickets opened with both Dropbox and Microsoft.

Need more support?