cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Our friends over at the Dropbox Champions program have some really cool new updates for creatives and we are here to share it with you right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Dropbox app won't launch on my PC

The Dropbox app won't launch on my PC

Bob4244
Helpful | Level 5

Hello.  The Dropbox App on my Windows 10 PC isn't launching any more. I've used this Dropbox setup for years, have made no changes to my PC (Windows 10) or security (that I'm aware of), yet when I click on the Dropbox tray icon (or from the actual Program app location on the C drive) I get the normal "progress spin pop up" for 3 seconds, then nothing. I Rebooted the PC = nothing. I uninstalled the App using Revo Uninstaller, Restarted, Reloaded = works once, close, then attempt to open Dropbox again = same problem. I checked the Community posting, but no luck. I opened Task Manager to the Dropbox processes, opened "Details" and this is the screenshot. I don't know if this is meaningful information. Suggestions? Thanks.

Screenshot (495).png

28 Replies 28

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @SandraSim, I hope you're doing well!

Can you try an advanced re-install as mentioned here, and let me know how it goes? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

FP-MKD
New member | Level 2

No, that is not the solution on this PC or on any other!

Dropbox has just been reinstalled. The Dropbox folder has NOT been moved to another hard drive.

Why, when the problem has been known for a long time and the Internet is full of it, is DropBox itself - Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by the American company Dropbox, Inc., headquartered in San Francisco, California, U.S. - not solving it properly or programming it properly?

FP-MKD
New member | Level 2

I am not interested in getting a level (2), I want, not only for myself, the solution.
The developers of Dropbox should finally do their job. I'm pissed off that situation.
How are you going to get customers with these bugs?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @FP-MKD, sorry to see that you're having this issue.

I moved your posts to a similar thread in English.

Can you take a look at the info and try the troubleshooting steps provided, to see if they help?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

FP-MKD
New member | Level 2

Dear Madame,

where is the info and why the programmer didn't solve the bug?

That is the only way to solve the bug for all other customers and no other way.

If this isn't solved, no paying client! You get paid for this time "non-Service- job", but your customer have not the time nor they are willing to spend their time, for think´gs your programmer has to fix the bug.

Thank you FP-MKD,

FP-MKD,

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hi again, @FP-MKD.

There are several things that could be causing this issue for you, not necessarily a bug.

Please open the thread we're chatting on and you'll see other replies from other users and some troubleshooting steps from our team, which might be helpful to you.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

FP-MKD
New member | Level 2

Madame, obviously you are not understand what I am writing. The internet is full of all these bugs from Dropbox. This ha to be fixed from the developer and programmer, No one else has to do any troubleshooting and I will not either.

Thanks , the are several alternatives to the buggy software Dropbox, f.e.

Top Dropbox Business Alternatives, Google Drive, OneDrive for Business Box, FileCloud,Tresorit, ShareFile., Egnyte Platform, Zoho WorkDrive,ect.

aptdhunter
New member | Level 2

Hi All, I'm having exactly the same problem. I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled the app a number of times. However, I still can not get it to open. The revolving circle appears, and then nothing. Really frustrating. I have a brand new Windows Surface laptop. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @aptdhunter, sorry to hear that.

Do you happen to have any security programs, like an antivirus, VPN, firewall, etc. that could be blocking Dropbox from running?

If so, try to disable them temporarily, to see if it helps.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    aptdhunter New member | Level 2
    FP-MKD New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?