cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: System icon disappears from Taskbar (Windows 10 Pro)

System icon disappears from Taskbar (Windows 10 Pro)

mcarbl
Helpful | Level 6

There's a few topics on this already, but none with my specific issue.

Dropbox app is definitely installed on my Surface Pro and I am actively using it throughout each day. However, the Dropbox icon keeps removing itself from my system tray. 

Looking at Taskbar Settings > Select which icons appear on the taskbar ...Dropbox keeps turning off, after about an hour. I continually turn it back on, but then the icon disappears and the setting goes to OFF again.

Does anyone know how to keep it on, so the icon remains in the taskbar?

Thank you

34 Replies 34

BunkerSoldier
New member | Level 2

Desktop and Laptop now running Dropbox 145.4.4921 with different results re. the taskbar icon.

Desktop looks to be functioning correctly with icon showing as expected. Quit out of app and restarted a few times, restarted computer a few times and in all occasions the  taskbar setting to show the Dropbox icon has been retained.

Taskbar settings option has two entries for Dropbox with second line info text of <Dropbox 145.4.4921 Up to date> and <Dropbox 144.4.4491 Syncing>.

Laptop is acting as before with the taskbar icon for Dropbox 145.4.4921 resetting after quitting and restarting the app. Taskbar settings option has two entries for Dropbox with second line info text of <Dropbox 145.4.4921 Up to date> and <no text>.

On this computer the <Dropbox 145.4.4921> always reverts to OFF when Dropbox is started and the one with no version info always reverts to ON.

Knowing that Dropbox 145.4.4921 seems to be acting as expected on my Desktop, I will uninstall and reinstall on both machines to clear out the rouge Taskbar icon entries and hopefully resolve the ongoing issue with the laptop.

RBinPerson
Helpful | Level 5

In my case, the new Dropbox version 145.4.4921 is working correctly regarding the taskbar icon, and there isn't an additional Dropbox version shown in the settings.  Case closed for me!  Thanks.

Portnawak
Helpful | Level 6

Same here, the update seems to have fixed the problem.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi everyone, I’m glad to hear the issue seems to be resolved after updating your devices to the latest app version. 

In case any of you still face the same issue though after that point, feel free to give me a shout. 

Cheers!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

CADcliff
Helpful | Level 5

Same success for me. Version 145.4.4921 is working again as expected in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Great job by the Dropbox team!

Outstanding responsive customer support!

Thank you.

Need more support?