cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync icons keep disappearing on macOS Sonoma

Sync icons keep disappearing on macOS Sonoma

Awoj15
Explorer | Level 3

Sync icons will appear and disappear on Sonoma for Mac. I've reached out about this issue 4x and the support team just sends me outdated articles. Your support is a joke! If you guys want to hide behind a "Chat" or "Email" outsourced service I'll take my company business elsewhere. This is clearly an issue that no one seems to have a fix for.

6 Replies 6

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Awoj15, thanks for reaching out to the Dropbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and wanted to let you know that we appreciate your feedback.

Can you give me the ticket number of your most recent communication with our support team, so we can look into it?

Also, what's your Dropbox app's sync status and version, when you hover your mouse over the Dropbox icon in your menu bar?

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Awoj15
Explorer | Level 3
Ticket #: 23376020

In that should have the transcript and the sync status and version. The person I spoke with asked for that as well.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for that, @Awoj15.

I see that you were in contact with a specialized agent, who gave you the steps to perform an advanced reinstall of the Dropbox app, but you never responded with the results.

Did you try them to see if they help?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Awoj15
Explorer | Level 3
I’m not sure which time you’re referring to since I’ve reached out multiple times but yes none of that worked. It ended up being a security permissions issue. I fixed it the first 3x and it has now disappeared again. If you are referring to yesterday’s conversation please read through the full transcript. I’ve stated all of this in there.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi from me as well, @Awoj15! I’m sorry to hear about the issue you’re having. 

I also found your ticket in our system, and I can see you’ve recently replied back to our specialized agent. I've left them an internal note, so that they may get back to you as soon as possible.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Awoj15
Explorer | Level 3
It’s extremely disappointing that you do not offer a phone support. Instead I have to deal with 6 different people all regurgitating the same information as the last and we get nowhere. Also having to sit by my computer all day waiting for email responses every 5 hours. Lastly all of the copy and paste articles you send me to try are outdated. Mac OS Sonoma does not have the same settings as the steps your articles are asking me to do. Other people have mentioned this in the community and nothing has been done. This OS has been out since Sept, this is a joke at this point. But none of this clearly matters since you’re prolly just going to hand me off to another person that is clueless.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Awoj15 Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?