cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send For Signature missing from Context Menu as of last week

Send For Signature missing from Context Menu as of last week

Tcalp
Helpful | Level 5

I have confirmed this behavior on 3 different computers.  I'm guessing there was possibly an app update that has removed the "right click" > "Send for Signature" function from Dropbox ?  How do I go about getting it back ?

16 Replies 16

CharlieSha
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks. That is a great work around for now. 

TomHHRS
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you, this is an acceptable work-around for now.

The other frustration is that the old 'Name' and 'Email' fields used to be a pop up overlay on file to be signed, it is now a separate page and you cannot preview the document before adding the name and email.

This is also somewhat tedious when dealing with multiple files in a day/short period of time for two reasons.

1. Our files (as I imagine other users are) have the signer's names viewable behind the overlay so that we can double-check that we're filling in the correct details before we press 'ok'

2. It's unnecessary extra loading of pages

Tcalp
Helpful | Level 5

This is a service we pay additionally, annually for.  We chose Dropbox for this solution given that it was so convenient to use.  Removing the "right click" feature, frankly seems like an awful step backward.  It's mainly accounting/bookkeeping tasks that we deploy this type of solution for.  Frankly, when staff aren't generally "technically" inclined, not having the right click ability for those in their upper years is pretty disappointing.  Please bring this feature back, if not we will likely be forced by our clients to find alternative solutions. 

As to your "temporary" solution, "Preview on Dropbox.com" doesn't exist for PDF files in the "right click" context.

The only work-around I have seen is to bookmark the folder structure within the dropbox archive to give book keepers some level of "reasonable" access to "send for signature", that said, some companies have complex folder structures and it is an awful way to natigate the file structure as compared to windows explorer.

PaulHannaford
New member | Level 2

Hi I recently contacted support and they mentioned that in a recent update, you have removed the "Send for Signature" option within the Dropbox dropdown menu when right-clicking on a file in Windows Explorer.  I found this feature a very nice shortcut and I would like to see it restored if possible. The individual I talked with suggested posting my opinion here.

I hope that you will restore the "send for Signature" option in the dropdown menu in a future release as I found it a very useful shortcut.

Thank you for you time.

Ldjmcbain
New member | Level 2

The option on the right click "context" menu appears to be "View on Dropbox" not preview.

Is the removal of the Send for Signature option expected to be permanent? 

There seems to have been a number of recent issues creep up, not overly impressive.

Ldjmcbain
New member | Level 2

You should have "View on Dropbox" based on what I see, as opposed to Preview. Then when the document is viewable, select the option from the menu bar immediately above the document that says Send for Signature and you should be back at the same place as the Send for Signature option from the context menu in Windows took you.

Ldjmcbain
New member | Level 2

I am simply adding my 2 cents along with the rest, that this option should be returned to service. It appeared to work just fine, so not sure what's up. It would be different if it was an option that routinely messed things up, but that doesn't appear to be the case. There have been a few new issues with Dropbox Sign of late and I am hoping it is just a temporary phase.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ldjmcbain New member | Level 2
    PaulHannaford New member | Level 2
    Tcalp Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?