cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Reverting to a previous version of Dropbox

Reverting to a previous version of Dropbox

ginodimeo
Helpful | Level 7

I've updated to the latest version of the Dropbox app on Mac OS 13.1 Ventura and it's pretty much unusable – dial-up speed file transfers and the icon system that lets you know whether something has been synced or is stored locally is hopeless. Dropbox is fundamental to my workflow and is causing  major issues. Anyone else?

Can I revert back to the older version? If not I'm seriously going to have to look at other options.

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II

What is the actual version @ginodimeo ?

Is it trying to do the beta upgrade to the new settings as that, I noticed, slowed things down dramatically

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ginodimeo
Helpful | Level 7

I'm on version Version 167.4.4719. It's been installed for a week or so and it's finished transferring all the files to the new location. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ginodimeo, sorry to jump in here.

I just wanted to mention that, unfortunately, reverting to the older version of the desktop app is not possible. 

The updated Dropbox for macOS app experience was developed to adhere to the requirement as set out by Apple and to ensure the best possible experience for our Mac users long into the future. 

If you'd like to elaborate on the issues you're facing while using the new desktop app, apart from the changes outlined here, we'd be happy to look further into this for you. 

Just keep us posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

ginodimeo
Helpful | Level 7

Another big issue offline/online only storage. On the previous version, a right click and it was done, and it was clear as crystal what its status was. Now, it's not clear at all, and if you click on the cloud to download it locally, you can't stop it unless you pause sync, so now it's downloading hundreds of massive files very slowly and eating up all my bandwidth. 

Mark
Super User II

There is a newer (none beta) version out which may help: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-desktop-client-builds/Stable-Build-168-4-4802/td-p/661979

However, I agree - the icons and the online only thing is horrific. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ginodimeo
Helpful | Level 7

Thanks Mark. I'll give it a go – it can't be any worse!

ginodimeo
Helpful | Level 7

So, if you accidentally click on the cloud icon to download, you can't stop it and it's is causing me a major headache. I've got hundreds of massive files downloading that I can't stop, it's killing my bandwidth and preventing me from accessing the files I desperately need. Plus the new icon system is terrible and unintuitive. 

Need more support?