cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return the "Request Files" option to the context menu of the desktop app.

Bring back File Request option in File Explorer.

jg2599
Explorer | Level 4

I used to be able to initiate a "Request Files" by right clicking on the file I wanted the documents to go into.  This is more efficient that having to go to the web version, as I 99.9% work out of the File Explorer on my PC.   Please bring back the option to "Request Files" in the right click menu. 

6 Replies 6

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @jg2599, let's jump right into this! 

Would you be able to confirm the OS you're using along with the version of the app you're using on your end? 

I'd also love a screenshot of the content menu that you see when you right click on a file inside your Dropbox folder, in order for me to have a visual too. 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jg2599
Explorer | Level 4

Windows 10 Pro. 

Dropbox v206.4.6506

I discussed this with Dropbox chat earlier today,  They said this feature is no longer available in the right click menu and I have to use the web version to request files. 

Capture DBX.JPG

Rich
Super User II

@jg2599 wrote:

I discussed this with Dropbox chat earlier today,  They said this feature is no longer available in the right click menu and I have to use the web version to request files.  

That's interesting. I'm on the latest Beta release (207.3.5664, released yesterday) and the option is still there for me. Have you reinstalled the app yet?

e420a8f8e4be8a412ae5d51f13ae009d.png

tsarindustries
New member | Level 2

Return the Request Files (transfer) via Right Clicking on a Folder.  We used to be able to request files by right clicking on a Windows explorer folder.  This saved a ton of time compared to logging into the webpage and creating a request end location from scratch.  I can see no reason why this helpful feature was removed.  Please put it back.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @tsarindustries, welcome to our Community! 

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on this, so I’ll make sure to pass your comments internally for the awareness of our team.

Feel free to reach back for anything else you may need.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

vbhagwat
New member | Level 2

I agree, can we get this back. This is a very annoying change. Why would you make it more clicks and searches to request files?

Need more support?