cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently Changed Files aren't...recent.

Recently Changed Files aren't...recent.

Dave E.1
Helpful | Level 6

I'm baffled as to why when I look at the dropbox app's list of supposedly 'Recently Changed FIles' NONE of them are recent;y changed files.
Right at the top of the list are often files I'd totally forgotten I'd even got in dropbox!
How come this list seems to be totally random files from my dropbox storage and certainly ***NOT*** recently changed or added files?

14 Replies 14

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Dave E.1, what did your version history report as my colleague, Jay asked? 

Can you also send us a screenshot of your recents as shown on your end, in order for us to have a visual too? Just make sure to hide any personal info that might be shown there. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Dave E.1
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Megan ðŸ˜Š
The question about the version history of the file mentioned in the web browser version of dropbox, was a sideline, and irrelevant to my initial problem and question which is about my Linux Mint version of the dropbox app which shows a random list of files in my dropbox folder but they are certainly not 'recently changed'
IMG_20240118_235331.jpg

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the screenshot. As we currently only provide official support for Ubuntu and Fedora, we wouldn't be able to provide much more assistance for what you're experiencing in Mint.

There isn't really anything else we can add as to why these files are appearing in the recently changed files section.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Dave E.1
Helpful | Level 6

Well I guess that's me very neatly swept under the carpet then!
Even though Dropbox for Linux Mint is advertised and available for download for Linux Mint, Dropbox are not prepared to look into problems with it!
Wow....
I guess "I'll get my coat!"

Dave E.1
Helpful | Level 6

From the official Dropbox web page: https://www.dropbox.com/en_GB/install-linux

The Dropbox daemon works fine on all 32-bit and 64-bit Linux servers. To install it, run the following command in your Linux terminal.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Dave E.1 Helpful | Level 6
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?