cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My personal files from my desktop at home became accessible to everyone at our work Dropbox account.

My personal files from my desktop at home became accessible to everyone at our work Dropbox account.

razzyfish
New member | Level 2

Hi, 

Recently (I don't know how) my personal files from my desktop at home became accessible to everyone at work on our work dropbox account. I have been unsuccessful at trying to unlink them. At work we all use the same email address to access the dropbox files. Can anyone help?

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@razzyfish wrote:

At work we all use the same email address to access the dropbox files.

You should let them know that sharing an account like that is against the terms and can result in the account being deleted. Accounts are meant for individuals. Even with Team or Family accounts, each person has their own account that they use to access the shared space.

... my personal files from my desktop at home became accessible to everyone at work on our work dropbox account. I have been unsuccessful at trying to unlink them.

We would need more information about how the files are appearing in the account. Perhaps you enabled the backup feature and your key folders were moved into Dropbox?

razzyfish
New member | Level 2

Thank you for your reply. I let my employer know, his response" we've always had them set up like that"! So I'll leave that with him. In the meantime it would appear that I've accidently enabled backup as they didn't have access prior to Apr 24. Any ideas how to fix this?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @razzyfish, you should be able to delete or disable your backups from this page

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    razzyfish New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?