cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: MacOS: No "Dropbox" in the "Location" settings of Finder

MacOS: No "Dropbox" in the "Location" settings of Finder

rovf
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have updated Dropbox on MacOS (12.6.5), and I have learned that I should know be able to see "Dropbox" in Finder on the left hand pane under 'Locations'. However there is no such entry; 'Locations' is empty.

I *can* access Dropbox in the following way: In the MacOS menu bar, I click the Dropbox icon, and then click the icon which says "Open Dropbox Folder". Then a Finder window opens, showing my Dropbox files.

I just wonder why I can't see them in just a normal new Finder window.

31 Replies 31

bleest
Explorer | Level 3

I've been reading tons of threads to solve my issues with Dropbox. Here are the basics: 

Sonoma 14.3.1

Dropbox : v194.2.4210

Dropbox used to appear under iCloud in Finder and I could drag and drop files into it and it would show up online. Suddenly Dropbox does not appear in Finder under iCloud and a '1' in notifications on Menu bar persistently appears although I have no notifications or news. I've done a clean install of Dropbox. I can access my Dropbox through my Menu bar (upper RHS) but that is it. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @bleest, let's jump right into this! 

When you say that your Dropbox used to show up under your iCloud in Finder, what do you mean exactly? 

I'm asking, since iCloud is a different path, and one can't exist within the other. Can you send me a screenshot of the place your Dropbox folder used to be in? 

As for the second issue, about the notification: Are you sure that you checked all the notification tabs on the Dropbox icon? Perhaps there's one you missed.

Can you also hover your mouse over the Dropbox icon, and confirm the version of the Dropbox desktop app, along with its syncing status?

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?