cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mac OS Sequoia is arriving. Is DropBox ready?

Mac OS Sequoia is arriving. Is DropBox ready?

cloudres
Experienced | Level 12

Hi everyone, who remembers the chaos that happened last year with the Mac OS Sonoma update and all the issues we had with DropBox? There was a particular version that caused syncing to go haywire. I remember it all too well, as it took us almost a month to figure out how to fix the problem.

What will happen with Mac OS Sequoia? I admit, I'm quite anxious and would appreciate some reassurance from the DropBox team.

Thanks.

52 Replies 52

marty39
Explorer | Level 3

Didn't work that way for me. Maybe it has something to do with how old the previous version was.

Jonathan G.4
New member | Level 2

Yep, this works for me. Guess Dropbox needs a hold punched through to connect. Poor show, really...

eaceti
Explorer | Level 4

I'm having the same problem, Dropbox app doesn't manage to connect to internet or account. I upgraded from Sonoma to Sequoia when this issue started.

Tried to reinstall but same problem (Dropbox v208.4.5824). Is there a stable version available?

JasonL888
Explorer | Level 4

this worked for me ... thanks @Surething 

somehow the quote not showing  - i meant the command the Surething provided 

/usr/libexec/ApplicationFirewall/socketfilterfw --add /Applications/Dropbox.app

mspink
Explorer | Level 4

I updated (not thinking it could be an issue). Immediately after updating, it wasn't connecting, so I completely deleted all files and deleted dropbox. Reinstalled and it was working fine.
Fast forward a couple of days, restart my computer and it's disconnected again, had to delete all again and reinstall... ðŸ˜«

DBX_Pedro
Community Manager

Hi @arnabghosh ,

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Just checking are you able to access Dropbox now ?

DBX_Pedro
Community Manager

Hi @zmre ,

Thanks for getting in touch. We apologise and understand how frustrating it is to deal with a issue like this.

Does this issue persist for you? If it does can you please advise us on the error message please? We can take it from there. 

DBX_Pedro
Community Manager

Hi @eaceti ,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We understand how upsetting this issue can be.

In order to help you can you please confirm that the Dropbox version v208.4.5824 is still not working ? 

If so what would be the error message in question. Once we have this information we can take it from there. 

DBX_Pedro
Community Manager

Hi @mspink , we are sorry to hear about this issue. 

We are looking to follow up on this , to see if the reinstallation has resolved this issue for you.

If this is not the case can you please let us know ?  

marty39
Explorer | Level 3

DBX_Pedro: The Firewall blocks incoming connections to Dropbox and that can't be changed. I got Dropbox to work by disabling the Firewall. Do you know why why Apple decided to disable Dropbox that way? Was it because Dropbox competes with iCloud?

Need more support?