cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Logic Pro X projects stored in Dropbox don't show up in "Recent"

Logic Pro X projects stored in Dropbox don't show up in "Recent"

misterjackpots
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi all, this is a niche issue and probably not Dropbox's "fault", but thought I'd ask here just in case.

Since I upgraded to the latest version of Dropbox for Mac (which moved the folder location, etc.), Logic Pro X projects stored in Dropbox no longer show up in File > Open Recent or in the Recent tab of Logic's startup window. 

The same thing was already happening with Google Drive for Desktop, so I would guess it's a general issue with the File Provider API. However, projects stored in iCloud Drive do show up in Recent. 

Other Apple apps (TextEdit, Pages) will show files from Dropbox in the Open Recent menu. (And Dropbox-stored Logic projects do show up in Recent Items under the top-left Apple menu.)

Making the folders available offline doesn't help.

Running Logic 10.7.6 in Ventura 13.1 on an M1 MacBook Pro.

Any ideas?

95 Replies 95

misterjackpots
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

For what it's worth I updated Logic to 10.8 and confirmed that the bug was fixed BEFORE updating to Sonoma 14.1. However I had already updated to Sonoma 14.0 a while ago. In other words, I know it was the Logic update and not the OS update that finally fixed it; but I guess it's possible that the Logic update only fixes it if you're already on Sonoma.

hnieuw
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

We are working with 2 macs: One with macOS Ventura 13.5 with Logic pro 10.7.9 and a macOS 12 with Logic Pro 10.7.7. The latter can't open the dropbox files, but the first one can. It might already have been fixed with Ventura or logic 10.7.8/9. Might not really matter, but nice to know for those on older versions.

wareynolds96
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Jay 

Logic has just updated to Logic Pro 11 and I wanted to find out if there has been any change in regards to syncing .logicx (Logic Pro Files) to Dropbox on Mac OS File Provider?

We have looked at other cloud storage providers on the Mac OS File Provider framework like Box and Tresorit and they are both able to sync .logicx files with no issues. This would then mean it is a Dropbox issue not an Apple issue. 

If you have any update that would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Will

wareynolds96
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Nancy 

Logic has just updated to Logic Pro 11 and I wanted to find out if there has been any change in regards to syncing .logicx (Logic Pro Files) to Dropbox on Mac OS File Provider?

We have looked at other cloud storage providers on the Mac OS File Provider framework like Box and Tresorit and they are both able to sync .logicx files with no issues. This would then mean it is a Dropbox issue not an Apple issue. 

If you have any update that would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Will

Neil J
New member | Level 2

Y'all,

After pulling what's left of my hair out here's the solution. When you save a Logic file it needs to be saved as a Folder, not a Package. Go to save as and you'll see the choices. Then replace your song/project on DropBox and your shared people will be able to fire up the Logic file.

T_theresa_A
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi @Neil J , and welcome to the Community! I’m Theresa, one of the Community managers here at Dropbox. It's great to see you’ve found a solution for storing your Logic Pro X projects. Just to let you know, we have a dedicated Musicians Group where Dropbox users like you, if you'd have any interest?

Need more support?