cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Log-in Page is Essentially Blank

Log-in Page is Essentially Blank

HKelley
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After installing Dropbox on a new laptop with Windows 11, I cannot access the log-in page...links such as dropbox.com/home, dropbox.com/support, etc. only produce the upper left logo and cookies notice at the bottom, and all else is blank white. There is no log-in link.  I can access my account through the taskbar icon, but once I sign out to log into another Dropbox account, all I get is the blank page described above.

I do not have this problem with other machines running Windows 10.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HKelley
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks to everyone who participated in getting my technical issue resolved. The response from the Community was excellent and helpful.

The issue has been resolved; the mystery remains.

After a frustrating weekend (which included a hurricane here in Florida) I took the plunge and used Windows 11 Cloud Restore. Whatever setting may have been incorrectly set or whatever file may have been corrected, the computer immediately connected with my Dropbox accounts and I was back in business.

I believe, as do contributors to this support group, the problem resided in this machine.  

Regardless...Mission Accomplished!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @HKelley, thanks for joining us on the Dropbox Community!

It sounds like there might be a security app, like an antivirus, firewall, VPN, etc. that's blocking your connection to Dropbox.

Can you try temporarily disabling these programs, to see if that helps?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

HKelley
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Your suggestion makes sense. I have disabled the anti-virus and firewall but nothing changed. There is no VPN at play.  Your homepage appears just fine but when I click to log-in, the sign-in page is essentially blank.  I am open to any other suggestions you may have.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @HKelley, sorry to jump in here, but have you tried clearing your browser's cache or another browser since you first noticed this?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

HKelley
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Yes, I flushed the cache on two browsers...Edge and Chrome. Made no difference. Temporarily turning off anti-virus and firewall made no difference either. Access on other in-house desktop Win 10) using same IP works fine.

At the moment only two domains are blocking me...dropbox and optumrx.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the additional info here. 

Just so we can also have a visual of this, can you send us a screenshot of how the sign in page appears for you?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

HKelley
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Attached is a screenshot of the display after I click to Sign In from the home page. In other words, using my browsers (Edge or Chrome) and taking dropbox.com I am arriving at the site's homepage display. Clicking on sign-in (upper right button link) produces the result of this screenprint. Clicking on the resultant Sign Up link just toggles to Sign In...no other screen changes.

In addition, if I right-click on the Dropbox app taskbar icon and click on the world globe icon to open Dropbox, I am logged into DB and have access. However, if I could sign out, I can not sign back in or change to another account I manage.

Thank you for hanging in there with me on this issue.

Prnt-Screen-HKelley.jpg

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @HKelley, it does sounds like there's something on this particular machine that is preventing you from accessing the Dropbox site fully. Some brief research has determined that other users get this issue with random sites after updating to Windows 11.

Do you have any proxy, security software, or even ISP/router settings that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains?

Since you're also experiencing an issue with another site entirely, this means that your machine is blocking the site on its own, since it's not visible using different browser, but on other machines on your network there aren't any issues.

Have you made any other changes to your machine, such as DNS changes, or multiple network adaptors? Are the other machines also connected via WiFi to the network, or by cable?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

HKelley
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks to everyone who participated in getting my technical issue resolved. The response from the Community was excellent and helpful.

The issue has been resolved; the mystery remains.

After a frustrating weekend (which included a hurricane here in Florida) I took the plunge and used Windows 11 Cloud Restore. Whatever setting may have been incorrectly set or whatever file may have been corrected, the computer immediately connected with my Dropbox accounts and I was back in business.

I believe, as do contributors to this support group, the problem resided in this machine.  

Regardless...Mission Accomplished!

Need more support?