cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux App for ARM Processors (Fedora)

Linux App for ARM Processors (Fedora)

blegion47
Explorer | Level 4

I would love to be able to use Dropbox on my Fedora Linux computer, however, it is running on an ARM processor. Right now, Dropbox only supports x86_x64 processors. I know this is probably a very small population of users, but I cannot be the only one with this unique need.

4 Replies 4

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @blegion47, thanks for posting here! 

At the moment Dropbox doesn't support ARM processors for Linux.

Your feedback regarding our Dropbox desktop application has been very valuable and I will endeavor to make sure your voice is heard.

I'll forward your feedback to the appropriate areas so we can continue to improve.

Thanks a bunch! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

RicardoRojas
Helpful | Level 5

Using a Pi5 as a desktop computer is "almost" a dream came true. There are some key apps missing yet, as , in my case, Dropbox. Please Please.. please go ahead and implement the required magic for this.

In my case, just in case anyone wanders, other key app is Brother DCP-1610 multifunction printer, but, in this case, I can solve it by using other printer.

Thank you!

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @RicardoRojas,

Better don't rely on Dropbox support improvement for Linux (including for all possible flavors). There was Linux related the first ARM support request, after that some Windows users started request the same and at the end Mac users (when Apple started moving to their M family processors). First supported was Mac, after that Windows received support and Linux (including all flavors of RasPi), as seems, will never be, unfortunately.

@RicardoRojas wrote:

In my case, just in case anyone wanders, other key app is Brother DCP-1610 multifunction printer, ...

Here You are in confusion!!! Most Brother printers are CUPS based (including the one mentioned by you). So you don't need anything special. Just setup you WiFi and the CUPS on your ResPi will discover the printer automatically and install it. Some extra features may be unavailable (sometimes no everything available is advertised properly on the network), but usually basic features get setup without you touch anything (much faster than on Windows for instance). Did you try it? ðŸ™‚ If not, come on! The only requirement is installed and running CUPS service (something usually pre-existing).

RicardoRojas
Helpful | Level 5
Thank you, but if they still did not implement a software for RPI, us, RPI users, have to ask for it. If they receive many requests, lukily they will implement a solution. Doing the oposite, and not requesting, will not help. Maybe I am wrong but I prefer being positive, these people at dropbox have a set of good programmers, it's only that some manager still belives RPIs are toys, in my opinion.
Regarding printers, cups did not work with my brother when I tried, I already checked and, if I remember well, its related to the peinter not implementing a standard like pcl, or something like that. Anyways, I'll try again, I appreciate your help and guidance.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

RicardoRojas Helpful | Level 5
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?