cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after updating Dropbox to the File Provider version

Issues after updating Dropbox to the File Provider version

ofoliver
New member | Level 2

The new API Apple is rolling out seems to have created an absolute nightmare fuel of issues. I cannot get folders to Sync, I am having to download files that I've uploaded to the cloud through the web browser in order to get access to them.

Actvity monitor shows zero download usage through Dropbox; whether I use the sync from File Provider or ask Dropbox "make files available offline", nothing seems to work.

I don't want to uninstall and reinstall, which seems to be the only "real" option based on Feedback.

The problem doesn't seem to be acknowledged, just "Oh, have you tried this?" but the feedback in the forums screams, "Our developers have no idea how to fix this".

There are no listed sync issues; this seems utterly incomprehensible. It's been buggy since the API switch but is quickly becoming downright unusable.

2 Replies 2

ofoliver
New member | Level 2

A picture says 1000 words, files cannot be opened, files never sync through Dropbox, and the activity monitor shows they are not downloading.

Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 12.15.08 am.png

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ofoliver, thanks for taking the time to post to the Dropbox Community.

I understand you're having some trouble with the Dropbox for macOS on File Provider app and we really appreciate your feedback on this.

I see that the app is trying to sync a specific number of files; has it been stuck like this, or is it actually syncing?

Have you tried fixing your hardlinks and permissions?

If you hover over the Dropbox icon, what's the version you're using?

Keep me posted and we'll go from there.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    ofoliver New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?