cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with installing the desktop app

Issue with installing the desktop app

Lou702
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Everyone, 

Has anyone else experienced appalling support service from Dropbox?  We've had an issue with the app not installing onto a laptop and we're now at the week and half stage of the issue and counting. (Ticket #22829236: Dropbox Support)

We initially got provided with a different installation link which still didn't work.   We got advised the matter needed to be escalated to the advanced team.  There's no number to call, and we're getting no responses whatsoever from Dropbox despite our pleas for urgent assistance.

We've tried x3 calls on the support page but have been told that if we raise another ticket we'll go to the back of the list again so we have no alternative but to sit and wait....  but nothing is happening.  

We had a new starter join us this Monday who is unable to work because we use Dropbox for all our business's cloud services, we work on a time charge basis so Dropbox are affecting our business.   We are also being prevented from using a licence that we have purchased the support is non-existent.  

We currently have 31 licences with Dropbox and this is how we are being treated when there is an issue with just the one licence issue.  How can we rely on Dropbox should there be an issue with the account overall.  It is deeply concerning.  When bringing software partners into a business you need to know that that partner will help resolve any issues and that they value their business and not leave customers high and dry, not be contactable when there is an issue. 

Please can someone help us get this matter resolved.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lou702
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Walter, 

Many thanks for your reply.  I can confirm that the new installation link which was created on the date you sent it worked a treat.  I'm guessing that this was in the works and could explain why we didn't get any response from support.  Fully understand if something needed tweaking, but it would have been nice if they had let us know what was going on, rather than just radio silence and ignoring us

THANK YOU so much for coming back to me, you have been a star.

Lou 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Lou702 - sorry to hear about this and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I was able to find your ticket on our system and passed your comments on to the expert who's handling your case. They should be getting back to you soon, but please let us know if you have anything to add or ask in the meantime.

As a side note, since the new stable version of the desktop app was just released, could you try it out from this page using the offline installer and let us know if you still the same results?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Lou702
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Walter, 

Many thanks for your reply.  I can confirm that the new installation link which was created on the date you sent it worked a treat.  I'm guessing that this was in the works and could explain why we didn't get any response from support.  Fully understand if something needed tweaking, but it would have been nice if they had let us know what was going on, rather than just radio silence and ignoring us

THANK YOU so much for coming back to me, you have been a star.

Lou 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for keeping me in the loop and I appreciate your kind words too @Lou702 

I'm happy to hear it's sorted now and please let us know if anything else comes up in the future.

Until then, take care and have a lovely weekend ahead, Lou. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Lou702 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?