cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm installing Dropbox on my Mac, and I don't have the relevant icon on my menu bar.

I'm installing Dropbox on my Mac, and I don't have the relevant icon on my menu bar.

manfred9
Explorer | Level 3

I have two dropbox accounts. They are not linked and neither should they. I am on macOS ventura and there is no dropbox icon in the menu bar. Every time I install dropbox on my desktop it installs it for the wrong account without even asking. I am logged into the account, which I would like to see on my desktop, in Safari.  

Why is everything so difficult with dropbox?

2 Replies 2

manfred9
Explorer | Level 3

After killing everything a doing another install I somehow managed to get the right desktop connection for the account i want. But I still don't have a menu icon and have no idea how to get it.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @manfred9, let's jump right into this!

Technically, you should be having two icons: one next to your WiFi -that should give you the app's syncing status and version when you hover your mouse over it- and the bigger icon that would re-direct you on your Dropbox folder in Finder. 

Would you mind clarifying if you're missing both of them, or one specifically? 

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    manfred9 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?