cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I forgot my android app Passcode.

I forgot my android app Passcode.

Abdullah Q.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Please help me how can i recover my app passcode, i have uninstall the app the re-install it but it again ask for Passcode, what i do please help me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mariedb
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there !

If you delete Dropbox and then install it again, that should resolve it with iOS, so I guess you are on Android?

In that case, if you forgot your passcode you can reset it by removing your Dropbox profile from your phone. This will reset the passcode prompt.

You can accomplish this using the following steps:

1. Open your device's main Settings app
  2. Find your 'Accounts' settings
  3. Under ‘Accounts,’ select 'Dropbox'
  4. Select 'Remove account'

This will remove your Dropbox profile credentials, but it will not affect the contents of your Dropbox folder. The next time you open the Dropbox app, you will have to log in using your password, but a passcode will not be required.

If you have any trouble with the steps above, you can also unlink your device using the Dropbox website. Log in to:

https://www.dropbox.com/account/security/. 

Under "Devices" find your mobile device. Click the small "x" to the far right of the device name. This will unlink your Dropbox account from that device. The next time you open the Dropbox app on your device, you will have to log in, but a passcode will not be required.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mariedb
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there !

If you delete Dropbox and then install it again, that should resolve it with iOS, so I guess you are on Android?

In that case, if you forgot your passcode you can reset it by removing your Dropbox profile from your phone. This will reset the passcode prompt.

You can accomplish this using the following steps:

1. Open your device's main Settings app
  2. Find your 'Accounts' settings
  3. Under ‘Accounts,’ select 'Dropbox'
  4. Select 'Remove account'

This will remove your Dropbox profile credentials, but it will not affect the contents of your Dropbox folder. The next time you open the Dropbox app, you will have to log in using your password, but a passcode will not be required.

If you have any trouble with the steps above, you can also unlink your device using the Dropbox website. Log in to:

https://www.dropbox.com/account/security/. 

Under "Devices" find your mobile device. Click the small "x" to the far right of the device name. This will unlink your Dropbox account from that device. The next time you open the Dropbox app on your device, you will have to log in, but a passcode will not be required.

I hope this helps!

Sanjoy G.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have forgot my mobile Dropbox app pass code. Please help me to recover the pass code. 

Swasthika D.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have forgot my passcode help me to reset it

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

As has been said already, you cannot reset it. You need to remove and reinstall the app. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Muhammad O.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

THANKS , MARIE . I DID WHAT YOU SAID AND RECOVERED MY DROPBOX ..😊

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Muhammad O. New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
    Swasthika D. New member | Level 1
    Sanjoy G. New member | Level 1
    Mariedb Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?