cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't access my computer's backup from the mobile or the desktop app

I can't access my computer's backup from the mobile or the desktop app

DMASSON
Explorer | Level 3

Hi there,

I have a new computer and I deleted all old backups on my dropbox and create a new one with dropbox backup.

The issue I have now is that I can't see anymore the PC's files in Dropbox App on my computer or on my mobile.

Before I saw an icon "windows" named "PC" and it was able to access all files from my mobile using the app. Not possible anymore.

I will appreciate your support if you encountered the same issue.

Thank you

Kind regards,

Didier

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II

@DMASSON wrote:

Hi Rich,

Thanks!

So, not possible anymore to save file directly from the mobile inside dropbox?

Before, I opened a file on my mobile directly in dropbox and I saved it in a folder of my backup. Then, it synchronized directly on my computer. It was very easy.

Now, if i can only see my backup on the website and not in the folders in Dropbox App, it will be impossible to do this anymore. I am correct?

Thank you

Kind regards

Didier

Hi @DMASSON 

I dont believe Backup was ever intended to work this way. Backups are totally separate to the syncing features Dropbox has. 

You can still sync a file between mobile and desktop but not inside of a backup config. Those are totally independent and not 'editable' as such. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@DMASSON wrote:

Before I saw an icon "windows" named "PC" and it was able to access all files from my mobile using the app. Not possible anymore.

Backups are now accessible through the Dropbox website. Check out your Backups page.

DMASSON
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Rich,

Thanks!

Before, I opened a file on my mobile directly in dropbox and I saved it in a folder of my backup. Then, it synchronized directly on my computer. It was very easy.

Now, if i can only see my backup on the website and not in the folders in Dropbox App, it will be impossible to do this anymore. I am correct?

Thank you

Kind regards

Didier

Mark
Super User II

@DMASSON wrote:

Hi Rich,

Thanks!

Thank you

Kind regards

Didier

Hi @DMASSON 

I dont believe Backup was ever intended to work this way. Backups are totally separate to the syncing features Dropbox has. 

You can still sync a file between mobile and desktop but not inside of a backup config. Those are totally independent and not 'editable' as such. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

DMASSON
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks. It is quite clear !
All the best
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DMASSON Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?