cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable Dropbox pop-up asking me to login to Dropbox

How to disable Dropbox pop-up asking me to login to Dropbox

Zellercham
Explorer | Level 3

Recently, I replaced Windows 7 with Windows 10 on my desktop PC. This has worked perfectly so far. My user has a start page with the programs that are important to me and the corresponding link shortcuts, and almost everything works perfectly. Dropbox Basic is one of the many links, but not to the installed program, but to the URL of the corresponding website. The program itself has not been unstalled.
When I now select my user in Win 10, my start page appears exactly as it should. All the shortcut icons are there correctly. If I now wait a moment before clicking an icon, a Dropbox window is automatically displayed on the start screen, according to which I should log in to Dropbox. I don't understand how Dropbox can even get on this start page to give me instructions. I simply want this Dropbox popup to stop interfering with my start page. What do I need to do for that?

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II

@Zellercham wrote:
... a Dropbox window is automatically displayed on the start screen, according to which I should log in to Dropbox.

You likely have the Dropbox application installed. If installed and not signed in, it will prompt you to sign in each time you sign in to the computer. Check your installed applications, including those from the Microsoft Store, and you'll likely see it. If you don't want it, uninstall it.

Zellercham
Explorer | Level 3
No I definitly not have installed the Dropbox application. I only apply Dropbox with the url-Inernet page. So i cannot uninstall the dropbox application from my windows 10 system.

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox cannot give you a log on popup if its not install. 

If its a new machine there is a good chance its pre-installed as quite a few come with bonus quota offers. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Zellercham
Explorer | Level 3
Sorry, but I can search for Dropbox as often as i will, but i do not find any hint on my whole Windows disk C, that any Dropbox installation has been made.

Mark
Super User II

Can you give us a screenshot of what you see?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Zellercham
Explorer | Level 3
I am new in this forum. How can i send you a screenshot? Actually i am on my smartphone. I'll make the screenshot on my PC tomorrow morning an send it then to you.

Rich
Super User II

@Zellercham wrote:
... I can search for Dropbox as often as i will, but i do not find any hint on my whole Windows disk C, that any Dropbox installation has been made.

You want to look in Control Panel under Programs, Uninstall a program, or under Settings, Apps. You can also look in the Microsoft Store under Library in case you have the Store version installed.

I am new in this forum. How can i send you a screenshot?

cameraicon.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Zellercham Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?