cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to add DropBox icon to Tool Bar on Mac?

How to add DropBox icon to Tool Bar on Mac?

LRicci
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I recently set up Dropbox with the new location, as per Dropbox instructions. Seems fine. But I can't figure out how to return the Dropbox Icon to my toolbar.

MacBook Air running Ventura

37 Replies 37

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Billth, sorry to hear about that! 

You'd need to access the app's preferences, using the little Dropbox icon located on the menu bar. 

If you're having trouble locating that, I'd be more than happy to troubleshoot with you further on this. Have you tried restarting the device, or uninstalling, then re-installing the app?

Let me know!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

LRicci
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Please READ the entire thread. All of that has been tried or IS IMPOSSIBLE. We need someone who can grab their friend's Mac, and try this out for themselves. 

martinbide
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I've got the same problem, and have followed this thread.  No "options" on right-clicking in the app folder. 

dogjam
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Just bought an M2 Macbook Air, but I can't get the Dropbox icon to appear on my menu bar

LRicci
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I just tried to use Chat to alert tech support that we have a BUG(s) in the latest release. Unfortunately, my account does not have a high enough level of support to submit a BUG report (I can only access the chatbot or this community forum). If anyone else has a higher level account, please alert tech support to this thread. Otherwise Mac users are out of luck with the latest version of Dropbox.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi everyone, and sorry for jumping in. 

There’s one more thing I’d like to ask you, in this case; if you open your Activity Monitor, are you able to see the Dropbox app running there? 

I’m not sure if you’ve tried this already, so I’d like us to check this, and isolate the issue more.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

LRicci
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yes. I can see Dropbox running on the Activity Monitor.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@LRicci, could you attach a screenshot showing your menu bar as it currently is at this time?

Have you tried quitting any existing apps already on the menu bar to see if this helps?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

mzoul
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having the same issue continuously on a 16 inch M1 MacBook Pro. It looks like there is very little space in the menubar for icons? It only fills a bit over 2/3rds of the width of the screen and stops 1cm before the webcam notch. When I quit other applications eventually the dropbox one shows up, which is very annoying, as the Nordpass one seems to take precedence, although I don't use that icon in the menubar.

Did anyone get further on this? and how to possibly edit the menubar icon preferences?

firstson35
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Sadly... It seems like Dropbox Support is "on vacation" with this issue? 

I've looked through this whole thread and haven't found one viable solution.

You think, at least an Dropbox Rep would chime in, and say - "We're working up an Update for Mac".

I think I pay enough for that!

Need more support?