cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How much space can I backup using dropbox backup?

How much space can I backup using dropbox backup?

summerdown
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I've been reading the help files relating to dropbox backup and I'm not quite understanding the limits. Hopefully someone here can give me an answer:

How big an external drive can I save to dropbox backup?

I have a paid version of dropbox (which I think allows me to use backup). This paid version gives me 2Tb of dropbox storage. 

However, my external drive is 10Tb. Can I back it up?

a) Yes, because the external drive backup works separately and 10Tb for one drive is ok?

or

b) No, because it uses the dropbox limit of 2Tb, and my drive is too big?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @summerdown 

The size of backup is restricted to your quota

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @summerdown 

The size of backup is restricted to your quota

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

summerdown
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you for replying so quickly.

It was this page: https://help.dropbox.com/plans/dropbox-backup-plan that was confusing me. In one part it says you can backup "as much as you need," but it wasn't clear whether that meant "up to the quota."

It's disappointing that I can't backup my 10Tb drive, but I guess it is what it is. Thank you for letting me know.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

There is, or at least was, a separate backup plan which was independent of the Dropbox plans.... but can I heck as like find it now?! So I'm wondering if it was while Backup was in beta and now its been axed. 

Need more support?