cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I migrate my business dropbox folders to my personal dropbox

How do I migrate my business dropbox folders to my personal dropbox

natbar
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello 

I have two Dropbox accounts, business, and personal Dropbox Plus. My folders are all in the business account which I no longer use and I wanted to change the expired account to a Dropbox Plus plan,  however, I accidentally logged in and signed up for the Dropbox Plus on my Google address. Now my folders are in the wrong account and I have already paid for the year. 

How do I get the business account folders and all my files into my personal account?  then close down the Dropbox business which I am done with - is this all possible, or would it be possible for Dropbox to change my email ad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@natbar wrote:

How do I get the business account folders and all my files into my personal account?  then close down the Dropbox business which I am done with - is this all possible ...

To be clear, it seems you're referring to two individual accounts, and not an actual Dropbox Business account. If that's incorrect, let us know.

You can create a shared folder between the two accounts. Move all of the files from your old account into the shared folder, then move all of the files out of that folder on the new account. Once you're sure that you've moved all of the data (and not before), you can delete the old account.

... or would it be possible for Dropbox to change my email ad

Dropbox can't change the email address on your account, but you can. You'll either need to close down the first account or change the email address on that account first (using a third email address), and then the original email will be free for use on another account.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@natbar wrote:

How do I get the business account folders and all my files into my personal account?  then close down the Dropbox business which I am done with - is this all possible ...

To be clear, it seems you're referring to two individual accounts, and not an actual Dropbox Business account. If that's incorrect, let us know.

You can create a shared folder between the two accounts. Move all of the files from your old account into the shared folder, then move all of the files out of that folder on the new account. Once you're sure that you've moved all of the data (and not before), you can delete the old account.

... or would it be possible for Dropbox to change my email ad

Dropbox can't change the email address on your account, but you can. You'll either need to close down the first account or change the email address on that account first (using a third email address), and then the original email will be free for use on another account.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?