cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox support for MacOS 12.3 - can we finally upgrade?

Dropbox support for MacOS 12.3 - can we finally upgrade?

paul20
Helpful | Level 6

Hi, I cannot find anywhere anyone saying that Dropbox properly supports MacOS 12.3, even though it was released weeks ago and has now been superseded by 12.3.1 with zero-day fixes.  I can find discussion of this question in the past, and I can find several users having significant problems with 12.3 as recently as this morning (https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/High-CPU-Usage-after-updating-MacBook-...), but not anywhere where Dropbox can say that 12.3 is actually supported.  As of 3 weeks ago, the most that was said was that it was not fully supported yet.  Since then there has been a conspicuous silence.  (The issue, of course, is that Apple finally completely banned the file system extension Dropbox was using, per what they had been promising for years.)

Is 12.3 officially supported?  What are the limitations associated with running Dropbox in 12.3, if any?

93 Replies 93

BlastCreative
Helpful | Level 6
Subscribed to this in case anyone spots an identical set up as an alternative that works as this should before my annual fee is due.

Max users totally taken for a ride at some considerable cost. Was a perfect cloud based set up. Clearly no longer is.

UKD
Experienced | Level 12

@BlastCreative have a look at what I've been replying to. That might help.

seb182
Helpful | Level 6

The support team got back to me asking me if I had waited long enough for the indexing to happen. I think it's it fair to say that upward of 36 hours and still not a single file more being indexed is not expected behaviour. The response was quite frankly insulting considering the fact that the issue was explained in the initial message.

I did find a "workaround". I had to reinstall my OS (one more time, which is starting to get old, because it turns out that new version of dropbox prevents relinking your computer to your account if things get botched during the "migration" process and the mess was such that a formatting was the best option), install dropbox, NOT click on the update button and not get the new "experience". This is literally the only option I have at the moment (and anyone facing the same issue, take note, that's the best solution atm). And I'm praying the gods the app doesn't auto-update because if that happens, I will most likely lose access to my files again.

As far as I'm concerned, Dropbox is no longer a viable option since I can lose access to all my files with a simple update that was rushed out with minimal testing by the looks of it. Subscription has been cancelled and I'm now looking for an alternative, which is yet another annoyance to deal with.

UKD
Experienced | Level 12
@seb182 some of us are jumping ship to sync.com. Simpler and less bloated but it depends on what you need. Oh and you can store your files on an external drive which Dropbox won’t support in their next update.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

UKD Experienced | Level 12
    seb182 Helpful | Level 6
    BlastCreative Helpful | Level 6
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?