cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox no longer opens if I click the Dropbox icon pinned to my Start menu

Dropbox no longer opens if I click the Dropbox icon pinned to my Start menu

terri232
Helpful | Level 6

I have Dropbox pinned on my start menu and it also appears in the right taskbar along with several other icons. It always opened for me from the start menu but in the past few months, it no longer does. The little blue circle thinks for a moment or two and then disappears. It does not open when I use sign in with administrator as well. I have to open it from the taskbar which I find most annoying. I tried googling and cannot figure out how to find properties to see if everything is set properly. 

Anyone have an idea for me? It is so frustrating that something is not working properly. It did in the past so can't figure out what could now prevent it from opening.  I use Windows' 11. 

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to hear about this, @terri232.

Have you tried uninstalling the Dropbox app, restarting the computer and then reinstalling it, to see if that helps?

Keep me posted!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?